It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:47 pm

Free Newsletter

help me

A place to put inspiring pictures, quotes and stories to give us all a lift.

Moderator: Moderators

help me

Postby Jacqueline » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:55 pm

well the truth is. i want to lose weight again. i am only 17. i am 5'8" tall and about 60kgs. i feel so depressed. :x anyways i just dont know how to lose this weight. i am not trying to be pathetic but i really am worried about my weight i have previously had anorexia at 13 i went from about 63kgs to 49 in a few months.anyways at 5'8 and 60kgs i shouldnt look at fat as i do thats why i need help and advice
Jacqueline

Re: help me

Postby Jisgone » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:36 pm

i honestly feel you need to see a psychologist about your weight issues, your bmi is 21 which is at the bottom end of the healthy range and if your depressed and feel your overweight it may be a psychological issue more than a weight issue. im sure you dont want to end up with anorexia again because when your already at a low weight you will struggle to lose the weight without starving yourself which isnt the way to go at all
best of luck sorting your problems out :)
Jisgone

Postby Jisgone » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:37 pm

i honestly feel you need to see a psychologist about your weight issues, your bmi is 21 which is at the bottom end of the healthy range and if your depressed and feel your overweight it may be a psychological issue more than a weight issue. im sure you dont want to end up with anorexia again because when your already at a low weight you will struggle to lose the weight without starving yourself which isnt the way to go at all
best of luck sorting your problems out :)
Jisgone

Postby Freddy » Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:38 am

I agree with Jewles on this. You need to visit a psychologist, you absolutely don't need to lose any weight in your current state. As you've had anorexia before, you know what it does to you, and you agree with us it's not good. See someone, please...

I really you hope you get this sorted out.
Freddy

Postby SarahC » Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:06 pm

Sorry I only just noticed this thread now. I hear you totally on feeling/looking fat at at 21 BMI. I'm about that at the moment. I know I'm not fat or overweight... all I know is that I feel and look gross, and my clothes are too tight! So, don't stress, you're not unusual, and you're not alone!

I would say definitely seek some professional help. As to which kind of professional I can't say. Do some research on the net, but whatever path you decide, make sure there's someone watching out for you, just in case the anorexia rears it's ugly head again!

Take care :)
SarahC

Return to Inspiration