It is currently Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:59 am

Free Newsletter

A place to put inspiring pictures, quotes and stories to give us all a lift.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby garn » Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:29 pm

My best compliment happened a few weeks ago. I was at the gym ready to change out of my work clothes when i realised i left my towel in the car. I went out and bumped into my Gym instructor (this petite lady with balls of steel who ruthlessly pounds you into the ground during classes) and she said ' Where are you going? You look so beautifull!)
It really knocked me for six...i was just standing there speechless (really she was the last person i thought i would hear that from!!)
Then i thought i was going to ball my eyes out just from the sheer astonishment and emotional hit of it....
I told my work mate that i dont need another compliment for the rest of the year cause that one will keep me going for a while :)
Its amazing how a few words can change your mental state and really make you feel great

anita :)

Mini Goal 100

Postby superstephanie » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:06 am

one compliment that i remember is when my friend's mom saw me walking home from school, she was in her car.. later that evening my friend texted me on my cellphone telling me her mom said "wow stephanie lost weight she looks good tell her to keep it up!" i smiled because even my friend's parents are seeing a difference!

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:33 am

I actually got a compliment the other day that was very small but meant a lot.

On my myspace account, I was aware there was an old (teenage years) boyfriend linked to a number of my friends, but we had broken up badly (my fault - teenage drama queen that I was) and we hadn't spoken in YEARS so I didn't add him.

then i saw he had added me so I allowed that and he left a comment on my pics saying I looked great and congrats!!! (I had a squiz at his profile and he has the most gorgeous little baby girl! She's so adorable, very happy for him)

I was just so blown away that this guy hated my guts and wouldn't speak to me, but broke that silence to pay a compliment.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Postby golden » Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:58 pm

From a lady at work today "how much are you, 50kgs?" :-D

From my bf (while picking me up) "man, you're so LIGHT!"
My weight- 58kgs :-) (BMI- 21.9)

Inner confidence- It's all in the eyes... the window to the soul

Postby Fiona25 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:35 pm

I got whistled at by 3 different car loads of guys while hubby and I were walking down the street to the pub just over a week ago, that felt good :D Well, I hope they weren't whistling at my husband :shock: :lol:
Saying goodbye to calorie counting AND scales for a while.

Just enjoying the new and improved healthy me and embracing my new lifestyle!

Re: Compliments

Postby nutzy » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:14 am

I went home from Scotland to South Africa in early January for my mum's funeral. My husband's ex-wife met me at the airport (don't ask, loooong story) and her first words were, " I hope you don't mind me asking, but have you lost weight? You look fantastic" And that after a 14 hour long flight was compliment indeed. Sadly, she has put on weight since I saw her 2 years ago. I have since lost another 5kgs.

SW: 76kg (08/07)
CW: 60.2kg (21/05)
GW: 55kg

Postby kelvinator » Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:43 pm

"You're carrying a bit less Christmas cheer than the rest of the staff"
Hee hee. Love getting compliments. Sometimes it bums me out that other people don't realise or choose not to say something when they have noticed. I think it's hard to give and receive compliments. Funny things they are...

Postby John » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:04 am

I told someone about how I was losing weight (and why) and they said "You don't have to give a reason why you want to lose weight". Very memorable, was 10 years ago.
Heaviest weight: 94kg
Goal weight 66kg

Postby SarahC » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:40 am

I got a compliment from my mum the other day. She noticed that my boobs are bigger!! Hahaha they are giant. I would love to have big boobs, it's just unfortunate that the only reason they are that big is because of my weight gain... everywhere has gotten bigger :cry:

Postby Freddy » Mon May 25, 2009 7:21 am

Best compliment I had is: "You should stop losing weight now, otherwise I won't be able to feel your butt later on"

That came from our front desk (female) employee, which was very flattering. Though, she's been telling me I look great and I lost so much weight now for about 2 months for every day. I think if she's not stopping to tell me, I'm gonne slap her ass one of these days.

Postby court » Mon May 25, 2009 9:55 am

Nice ones: My OH told me i am a skinny binny when he picked me up, i got honked by a carload of young boys walking back to work with my coffee! :lol: :roll: and my besties Dad nearly fell over when he saw me on the weekend that was cool too...

this might be bad - but is anyone else kinda sick of it (i.e. weightloss diet exercise etc) being the only topic of conversation when you run into people? I.e. what routine are you in, what diet, etc, do you take supplements? Then telling me what they do to look after themselves! Even when we go out to parties/ barbecues everyone watches me! haha Oh can you eat THAT?? etc....

I am not a one trick pony! haha

Postby Freddy » Mon May 25, 2009 5:09 pm

I know what you mean. If I want to talk about losing weight, I'll come over here ;)

I don't want to talk about losing weight with my co-workers. It's none of their business actually. Unfortunately, they just appear unable to comprehend such things and yack on about my weight, that I've lost so much weight... etc....
At company parties everybody's always trying to help me watch my weight. "I wouldn't do that if I were you", "Are you sure you're getting another one?"
Things like that. I've had it with that kind of nonsense. I'm a big boy, and can watch myself now.

Postby court » Mon May 25, 2009 5:12 pm

yeah far out. it isnt so much people pulling me up (although that does annoy me! When we have cake at work now noone even offers it to me! haha maybe a good thing) - more that they ask me what i THINK of their routine... i am not a personal trainer or a dietician! :roll: One woman I work with asks me everyday what i have for god!

Postby mr happy » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:10 am

Lately i have been getting a few compliments about my weight loss. More questions than compliments though, such as "Have you lost weight?" or statements like, "you look like youve lost a few kg mate". Things like that inspire me.
We have one guy at work, he is only 20 and quite a nice young bloke that lost his way and has been in quite a bit of trouble with the law recently. For some reason when he said to me last week "your looking really god since youve shed a few KGs" it really made me feel good.
Im not sure whether its because it come from such a warm blooded rough nut, or because it was actually a statement and not a question!!! either way it made me feel good and inspired me.

I often get compliments on my photography, because i quite often have photos printed in the local paper and various other things. They make me feel good, but dont inspire me as much as being paid a compliment about my weightloss!!!
mr happy

Postby Freddy » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:37 am

I don't get too many compliments anymore. At least no verbal ones. The compliments I do get are even better. I see girls/ladies on my commute to work that turn their heads to have a look at me. It's either that I've gotten more attractive, or it's the bright yellow cycling kit I weat ;)

Return to Inspiration