It is currently Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:25 pm

Free Newsletter

Hairspray

A place to put inspiring pictures, quotes and stories to give us all a lift.

Moderator: Moderators

Hairspray

Postby rivenriver » Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:24 am

Okay, so it's not exactly weight loss inspiration, but nevertheless...

Hairspray is the best movie I have seen in ages!!! It's so fun and amazing and cool!!!

It's about Tracy, a fat chick (!) who wants to be famous. She gets her big break when they call auditions for the Corny Collins Show, a dancing show on tv she loves. But her mum (John Travolta!) doesn't want her to audition, because they'll hurt her, cos fat chicks always cop it. But she does anyway, and, with a little tweaking, gets in, despite protests from the exectutive about having a fat girl on their show. She runs into more trouble when she wants her black friends to dance with the rest of them, not segregated, but those in charge will have none of that. So she gets up, and she fights for it!

It's absolutly hillarious, right from the start when she rides a garbage truck to school. It's a musical, so it's bright, colourful, and cheerful. And seeing John Travolta dressed as a woman and making Pulp Fiction references is hillarious! ("You wanna be famous? Learn how to take blood out of car upholstry, that's a skill you can take right to the bank.")

It's about having dreams, and having the guts to go after them, no matter who or what says you can't!!!!!!!

I loved it, I found it totally inspiring, and I think that everyone should go see it! It's just that good!!!
rivenriver

Postby KarinAnn » Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:10 am

I can't wait to go see the movie. Kate went and saw it today and forgot to invite us all :evil:

**I can and WILL do this**
KarinAnn

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:47 am

KarinAnn wrote:I can't wait to go see the movie. Kate went and saw it today and forgot to invite us all :evil:

LOL yep i saw it yesterday with my brother. It was great movie, really funny and i was giggling most the of time knowing my mum was a teenager at that time in the 60's as well. oh the shame! LOL
kate_turner2000

Postby Fireball » Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:40 am

Thanks for starting this thread. I saw the Hairspray ad on tv and thought it looked corny. One night my husband, 24 yo son & I went out for dinner. Their was nothing on at the flicks otherwise. They didnt want to see hairspray but because of your comments I talked them into it and we all really enjoyed it. hilarious. :lol:

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Return to Inspiration