It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:38 am

Free Newsletter

When do you weigh yourself?

Got questions about weight loss? Ask the mob, they're sure to have the answers!

Moderator: Moderators

Postby rivenriver » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:19 pm

BusyMum wrote:ATLEAST once a day :oops:

I know that I shouldnt do it that often, but I cant help myself. And I think that it motivates me more, if anything anyway.
I do it religiously first thing in the morning, after I go to the loo, before I eat, with no clothes on. Sometimes I do it throughout the day also, or before bed, and it is always more than in the morning, but I just find it interesting to see how it goes up and down through the day.
I dont get disheartened by it, because I only take into account what the morning one says. We also have body fat and water scales, and while some people have told me that they arent really that reliable, I think they are a good indication how I am going anyway.
Sometimes I find my weight hasnt moved at all, but my water is a higher percentage. So it all makes sense then.

I reckon it's interesting too. I don't get depressed by it, but I'm interested to see how much difference things make, like that morning toilet (sometimes 2kg!!!). But I only count it Sunday mornings (or Monday, if I'm away over the weekend), after toilet, in light pj's.
rivenriver

Postby Ledzeppelin2007 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:45 am

i do it on tuesdays, mornings, b4 eating some breakfast, always in briefs. altho stragly enough afew times i have weigh in the arvo just to see if it differs from the time of day and one time it was like 300grams less than the morning.? those days i add them together and halve it to work out an average. and like every1 i keep a log book on my computer on the date, how much i lost, current weight and i aim for little targer goals, which atm i beating by a kilo :D
Keep it real
Ledzeppelin2007

Postby Chelle » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:39 am

If I remember I weight myself monday morning once a week, in undies & bra.
Chelle

Postby candycane » Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:19 pm

I also find i put on weight during my period and its that time of month so i'm avoiding the scales hehe.

But then when it's finished i usually have taken off extra so thats exciting for me :) wouldn't want to weigh myself in the middle coz i'd put on and probably break the scale in frustration (gotta love pms) :D

i try it weekly, but sometimes i get a bit impatient and do it more often. I usually am wearing pjs or a robe, coz my family would die if they walked in on me in the nud (or my briefs even! rude!) hehe

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wnFK7Qk/]
[/url]
candycane

Postby Sas » Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:42 pm

My official weigh in day is Wednesday morning just after I wake up. But I usually peek each day... just can't help myself :oops:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wCSA5VJ/]
Sas

Postby Haylez » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:22 pm

I weigh myself saturday mornings after ive been to the toilet and in my underwear. I was always told that first thing in the morning is the best time.

I have a problem with fluid retention and out of interest I weighed myself one morning, then again that night before bed. I had put on 7kg throughout the day.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3VWsLL/]
[/url]

% Body Fat
Start: 36.3%
Current: 35.4%
Goal: 27%

1st mini Goal: 80kg by christmas
Haylez

Postby kazy » Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:06 pm

i dont have any scales :cry:
kazy

Postby scoots » Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:52 pm

i officially weigh myself thursday mornings after the toilet, before eating and naked. i do also usually weigh myself most if not all other mornings aswell but as has been mentioned earlier i find this motivating a good measure of when i am doing things right and wrong. also i used to do healthy inspirations and they made you weigh every second day as it gave you immediate feedback as to your eating and exercise habits, they also measured you once a month which i am probably gonna do too :)
scoots

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:48 pm

I weigh myself every morning, nekkid before brekkie. I don't take what it says as gospel because, as many others have said already, weight fluctuates day to day. But I use it as a general guide to see if things are going badly awry or not. If the numbers start steadily creeping up I know I'm doing something wrong!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby GoddessInside » Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:22 am

I weigh in every friday with no peaking during the week ! I weigh myself in the same clothes as I go to the clinic.
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Previous

Return to Ask the Mob