It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:07 am

Free Newsletter

What do you usually eat everyday?

Got questions about weight loss? Ask the mob, they're sure to have the answers!

Moderator: Moderators

What do you usually eat everyday?

Postby MissFabulala » Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:54 am

For me, I find it easy if I eat the same thing everyday, that way I can't sneak in any snacks.

Morning: 1/2 cup of warm water with lemon

Breakfast: Punnet of strawberries, half a mandarin, 5 almonds, tea with skim

Lunch: Salad consisting of 1/2 tomato, 1/2 cucumber, rocket, sprouts and some lemon, 5 almonds, tea with skim

Dinner: Packet of steam fresh vegetables, 5 almonds

Dessert: two squares of dairy milk with tea with skim or 1 arrowroot biscuit with tea and skim

Inbetween: Water or limit of one glass of diet solo

Loss: Usually about 0.8-1kg a week
Height: 166cm
SW:66kg
CW:56
GW:50kg (by MAY 15th 07) 100 Day challenge deadline

Wish me luck!
MissFabulala

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:03 pm

hey miss fab do you eat meat?

i try to eat the same thing for breakie and lunch each day but dinner is always different because i feed two other mouths with the meal. breakie and lunch i usually have at different times to my daughter so i have different stuff.
kate_turner2000

Postby MissFabulala » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:31 pm

I do eat meat actually, but until I lose the weight, I'm not going to risk it. Sometimes on a Sunday night I might have ONE trim lamb cutlet or a tiny bit of salmon. I find it triggers binges and it's easier for me to control what I eat by eating the same thing, no surprises! (ahhh...food issues!)

And if I go out to dinner with friends I only eat the bare minimum beforehand and am REALLY careful about what I eat and try and talk alot
so I don't focus on what I'm eating. It's so hard!

(like everyone else, I've tried being a hermit and saying no to invitations out, but find that leads to me binging a day later anyway - when I should have just gone out in the first place!)

Wish me luck!
MissFabulala

Postby rivenriver » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:56 pm

I'm at a fully catered university hall, so I get whatever's on the menu. :)

Breakfast: Small bowl of cereal (usually Just Right, sometimes Special K or Weetbix), skim milk, sometimes canned fruit, sometimes yoghurt, sometimes a glass of juice. Brekkie is hard, cos I have to say no to hash browns and pancakes on a regular basis.

Lunch: What's on the menu, provided it is not deep fried or made with pastry. If it is (or I just don't like the look of it), I have a salad sandwich. Also some fruit, and often a glass of skim milk with 1 pump of flavour stuff. About once a week (sometimes more often) we get chips or wedges, which sucks cos my friends adore them and loudly tell me how fantastic they taste.

Dinner: What's on the menu, choosing the other option if it's deep fried fish. Not potato every night, and always veggies. Plenty of rice if I'm hungry. No dessert (though sometimes I get another milk if everyone else is having good dessert).

I'm not allowed snacks. I'm allowed drinks whenever I want them, with water being the best option. If I'm really hungry between meals, I can get apples or milk.

When I manage to pull this off for a week, I loose up to 1.5kg. If I'm more flexible (ie, bad) I got between putting on 0.2kg to loosing up to 0.8kg.
rivenriver

Postby tamlee » Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:02 pm

Breakfast cereal generally high fibre stuff like all bran
5 grams of Milo, with Paul's smart milk
120 grams of tinned fruit

Lunch
Wholemeal bread 4 thin slices
ham or chicken
tomato
cucumber
lettuce
philadelphia extra lite
5gms of Milo in Paul's smart milk

Dinner
Normally is
Meat chicken or beef
potato
and a mixture of veges

Snacks
Way to many decaf coffees and teas LOL
Vive lite white crackers with philadelphia cheese

Really depends on how much exercise I do, as to how much I eat!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wlFCALM/]
[/url]
tamlee

Re: What do you usually eat everyday?

Postby loveat116 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:31 pm

MissFabulala wrote:For me, I find it easy if I eat the same thing everyday, that way I can't sneak in any snacks.

Lunch: Salad consisting of 1/2 tomato, 1/2 cucumber, rocket, sprouts and some lemon, 5 almonds, tea with skim

Dessert: two squares of dairy milk with tea with skim or 1 arrowroot biscuit with tea and skim

Are you hungry? Because you seem to eat very little.

pack of steam vegetables for dinner? Your diet doesn't sound very healthy, you dont have really any protein in there apart from the milk and almonds. And you really need some whole grains in there for energy. But hey its your life you'll do what you want, I wish I could stick to a plan like that!

My Day

Breakfast:
Muesli with yoghurt OR
Oatmeal with Honey OR
Piece of Toast
And i'll have a coffee when I get to work

Lunch:
Toasted Cheese and Tuna Sandwich OR
Bowl of Soup OR
Salad Roll OR
Sushi

Dinner:
Portion of meat
Vegetables OR
Subway 6" Chicken Teryaki OR
Whatever mum makes, I really dont have a choice

Snacks:
Fruit, A few lollies, carrot sticks with hommus etc

I basically eat what I want, just in small portions.
Starting Weight: 62kg Current Weight: 55.0kg Goal Weight: 54kg

Goal Reached 22 February 2008, Must get down to 54kg again!
loveat116

Re: What do you usually eat everyday?

Postby rivenriver » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:07 pm

loveat116 wrote:
MissFabulala wrote:For me, I find it easy if I eat the same thing everyday, that way I can't sneak in any snacks.

Are you hungry? Because you seem to eat very little.

pack of steam vegetables for dinner? Your diet doesn't sound very healthy, you dont have really any protein in there apart from the milk and almonds. And you really need some whole grains in there for energy. But hey its your life you'll do what you want, I wish I could stick to a plan like that!

It doesn't sound like a lot to me either, especially when I compared it to what I get, which I'm told has been supervised by a nutritionist.
rivenriver

Postby MissFabulala » Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:53 pm

Yes, I'm usually hungry and go to bed hungry. If I can't stand it during the day I might have a handful (20) of almonds.

I know, it's probably not enough - and it's one of those things I'm slowly dealing with...the M word. Moderation rather than absolute starvation or bingeing..which was why I wanted to get examples of what people eat while they are losing weight!

:)

Wish me luck!
MissFabulala

Postby tamlee » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:11 pm

Are you a member of calorie king?? It works out how many calories you can eat per day and takes off your burnt calories from exercise, its a free site and even has meal plans. :) Then you can make sure you getting enough food so that your body doesn't *basically* start eating itself.

here's the link

http://www.calorieking.com.au/
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wlFCALM/]
[/url]
tamlee

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:11 pm

thats ok missfab theres no right or wrong way its all trial and error for each individual :)
kate_turner2000

Postby golden » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:27 pm

Yes it is very little missfab, but some people are alright with that :-)

I find on days I eat what you just described there, I end up with a throbbing headache and I get sulky because I'm so tired, so it's not worth the quick weightloss (but you do get quick weightloss).

What you are eating seems to be good healthy food (a little boring perhaps :wink: ) but as Ella said, it's your life. Do you have a plan for when you eat out or go out with friends? (That's what stops me having a set plan for every day).
My weight- 58kgs :-) (BMI- 21.9)

Inner confidence- It's all in the eyes... the window to the soul
golden

Postby electrongirl » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:30 pm

usual day for me:

Brekkie:

my version of bircher muesli which is oats soaked overnight in apple juice and diet yogurt. Then I add some slivered almonds in the morning

Skim coffee

Lunch:

Usually left overs from dinner. Normally some form of meat, veges and rice or pasta

Dinner:

Lean meat, steamed veges. Rice, pasta or potato.

Snacks:

Fruit at least 2 serves
Fruche or yogurt
WW snack bars

If I am good and stick to my points (doing WW) I usually lose between 0.5 - 1kg per week.
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby chubba momma » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:13 pm

i vary on what i have depending on when we go shopping

breakfast is usaully either weet bix with fruit and milk
cup of white teas
or if im not hungry usually just a cup of tea

Luch is usually sandwiches with ham and salad or cruskits with light philly cheese

Dinner is some form of meat (usually steak or sausages0 with vegies and mash, or if i know i have had way too much to eat during the day i have a cup a soup with a piece of bread

snacks are usually lots of cups of teea, frozen fruit, nuts or yoghurt

I am bad at keeping up at anything though!
NO MORE EXCUSES!!
chubba momma

Postby candycane » Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:38 am

brekky: either an english muffin (tomato or vegemite or jam on top) and an coffee or wheetbix and a coffee

snack: a piece of fruit and a mini pack - sakatas or pop corn or veggie chips

lunch: salad or a brown roll with salad and tuna/or chicken

snack: a yoghurt and a piece of fruit

dinner: varies - stir frys or meat and veg or something, curry (which i make - not the coconut milk type). Or microwave lean meals for when the family eat meat (not a big fan of red meat) :)

snack (if i have a sugar craving): yoghurt or sorbet (in those lil serving tubs) or low fat ice cream.

Lots of water, one glass or one bottle diet coke through the day and usually a low fat small soy double shot cappucino because i can live without a lot but can't live without coffee (lol). If i eat dairy its usually soy but i enjoy the odd piece of fake cheese (like bega super slim).

altogether usually about 1200-1300 cals/day without exercise. I usually lose around a kilo a week on this. If i go out on the weekend the alcohol sometimes blows this (i've switched to bacardi lime and soda tho) but that usually doesn't really affect the weight loss for me because i don't go out drinking often :)

If i exercise the weight comes off quicker. I found when i was avoiding processed foods as much as possible the weight dropped off too but sometimes thats hard to stick with due to busy lifestyle.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wnFK7Qk/]
[/url]
candycane

Postby SarahC » Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:31 pm

Pre/post workout (depending the kind of workout): Usually a piece of fruit, a tiny bowl of bran or a home-made energy bar
Brekky: I'm a bit stuck on the bran pancakes I've been making, either that or some kind of omelette with egg whites.
During the day: Soup, salad and a sandwich with some kind of snack maybe some almonds or a protein bar.
Dinner: Veggie protein (sausages, tofu, or something I've created if I bother to cook anything) and a tonne of steamed veggies
Night time: Diet jelly and a "snack" which is sometimes a planned snack, sometimes continual picking, and sometimes an all out binge! Obviously the planned snack is ideal :wink:

I try and aim for 6500kJ (1500cal), but most of the time it's at least 7000kJ and sometimes as high as 10,000kJ (NOT recommended for weight loss!!) :oops:
SarahC

Next

Return to Ask the Mob