It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:13 pm

Free Newsletter

Burn the Fat - Tom Venuto

Got questions about weight loss? Ask the mob, they're sure to have the answers!

Moderator: Moderators

Burn the Fat - Tom Venuto

Postby MissFabulala » Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:32 pm

Just wondering if anyone has bought this? http://www.burnthefat.com/order.html
I'm considering it...but it just seems like so much money for a PDF!
Height: 166cm
SW:66kg
CW:56
GW:50kg (by MAY 15th 07) 100 Day challenge deadline

Wish me luck!
MissFabulala

Postby Mandie » Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:38 pm

The thing is - there's no quick fix. No matter what it costs, no-one has "the secret" to weight loss. If there was a quick, easy and effective method, everyone would do it!

You KNOW the answer to weight loss. It's a healthy, low fat, balanced diet and regular exercise. There's loads of free information on the internet, like in this website/forum, and elsewhere. Your GP is a great source of information.

If I really wanted to spend money on weight loss information, I'd go to a professional - someone who you could ask questions, and someone who could specify a program to you. You could ask a GP to refer you to a dietician, or go to a naturopath or even a chemist. That would probably cost about the same amount as that pdf!
Mandie

Postby milkyway » Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:07 am

I think SarahC has the book (or PDF)

Check her profile or maintenance thread for more info.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby SarahC » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:06 am

Yep I have bought it, and read it, and incorporated a lot of aspects of it into my life. I reckon it's great, and definitely not a quick fix. Very sensible advice and a few more advanced tips and tricks.

I would consider Tom to be an expert (more so than any regular gp or pt) and definitely worthy of taking advice from. I believe that if there's something you want to achieve, look to someone who has already achieved your goals, and model those people :wink:
SarahC

Postby SarahC » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:15 am

Medical Disclaimer
Preface
Introduction
Chapter 1:
Goal setting: How to set powerful, compelling goals that will propel you forward and charge you up with unstoppable motivation
Chapter 2: Why 95% of all conventional diets fail - And the 8 most powerful strategies to permanently lose fat without diets or deprivation
Chapter 3: Body composition: How to determine your fat to muscle ratio
Chapter 4: Charting your progress: How to use performance feedback to get from where you are to where you want to be
Chapter 5: Metabolic individuality and your body type: Doing your best with what you’ve got
Chapter 6: The law of calorie balance and the mathematics of losing body fat
Chapter 7: Secrets of meal frequency & timing: How to turbo charge your metabolism and turn your body into a fat-burning machine!
Chapter 8: Macronutrient ratios: The optimal combination of protein, carbohydrates and fats for improving your muscle to fat ratio
Chapter 9: Good fats vs. bad fats: How to speed up fat loss, boost muscle growth, increase energy and rev up your metabolism by eating the right fats in the right amounts at the right times
Chapter 10: Protein: The muscle builder and metabolic activator – How much you really need
Chapter 11: Clearing up carbohydrate confusion: Are carbohydrates your friends or foes?
Chapter 12: How to get as lean as a bodybuilder or fitness model using a new twist on the old low carbohydrate diet
Chapter 13: Why water is essential for fat loss, how much you need, and what else you should (and shouldn’t) drink
Chapter 14: The BFFM eating plan: How to design your own effective and result producing meals and menus.
Chapter 15: Supplements: What the supplement companies hope you never find out
Chapter 16: Cardio training secrets for maximum fat loss: Why it’s better to burn the fat thanto starve the fat.
Chapter 17: Weight training for fat loss: Why diet and cardio are not enough
Conclusion: The journey is just beginning.
Appendix

Gosh I hope I haven't broken any copyright laws, but this is just the table of contents, to give you some idea :)
SarahC

Postby loveat116 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:23 am

Mandie wrote:The thing is - there's no quick fix. No matter what it costs, no-one has "the secret" to weight loss. If there was a quick, easy and effective method, everyone would do it!

You KNOW the answer to weight loss. It's a healthy, low fat, balanced diet and regular exercise. There's loads of free information on the internet, like in this website/forum, and elsewhere. Your GP is a great source of information.

If I really wanted to spend money on weight loss information, I'd go to a professional - someone who you could ask questions, and someone who could specify a program to you. You could ask a GP to refer you to a dietician, or go to a naturopath or even a chemist. That would probably cost about the same amount as that pdf!

This isn't a quick fix! Tom venuto does not claim to know the secret. His plan isnt a quick and easy method, he admits that weight loss is hard work!

Its not one of those gimmick weight loss plans.

I purchased it and its like my bible to weight loss. Completly worth it.

He has worked on it for ten years, he know what works through trial and error. It explains the bodys process of losing weight.

http://www.burnthefat.com will explain it all.
Starting Weight: 62kg Current Weight: 55.0kg Goal Weight: 54kg

Goal Reached 22 February 2008, Must get down to 54kg again!
loveat116

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:27 pm

Mandie didnt say it was a quick fix, she is saying in general that there are no quick fixes to become fit healthy and happy.
kate_turner2000

Postby loveat116 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:25 pm

I know, she hasn't read it so she cant say that anyway.

All I was saying is that the Burn The Fat book is not one of those diets that promise a 'quick fix', it's a lifestyle change. Tom Venuto does not promise anything, he admits its very hard to lose fat.

I don't even regard it as a diet, its like 350 pages of information about the processes that happen in the body, the importance of goal setting, and information about micro nutrients and exercise. I highly recomend it, theres lots of info on his site about it.

loveat116

Postby Mandie » Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:34 pm

Yup, sorry.. looks like there actually is some good info in there. Sorry about that, I tend to be quite cynical when it comes to things sold on the Internet for weight loss... the vast majority of them are expensive, and not that helpful.

But it sounds like this guy's book has been helpful for a couple of members here, and if you think you need some extra info, looks like it might be the way to go. Good luck!
Mandie

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:37 pm

no need to apologise mandie, your opinion was asked for and it is valued :)
kate_turner2000

Postby rivenriver » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:30 pm

Before I read the other replies, I was gonna say more or less the same thing. Sometimes I click on the weight loss ads when they pop up, just for a laugh. Some of them are SO bad that I can't believe ANYONE would think it was real.

My opinion, when it comes to anything like this, is be critical, find what info you can, see if it seems legit. Don't believe it just because someone tells you to, see if it passes what you know already. Which is what you (all) seem to have done, so woot! ;)
rivenriver

Postby loveat116 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:17 am

Mandie wrote:Yup, sorry.. looks like there actually is some good info in there. Sorry about that, I tend to be quite cynical when it comes to things sold on the Internet for weight loss... the vast majority of them are expensive, and not that helpful.

But it sounds like this guy's book has been helpful for a couple of members here, and if you think you need some extra info, looks like it might be the way to go. Good luck!

Thats the way to go though, there is so much crap out there on the internet I usually just disregard everything! Although someone recomended this to me on another forum, and the price is quite cheap when you look at all the information you get!

loveat116

Return to Ask the Mob