It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:38 pm

Free Newsletter

special diet with hypothyroidism?

Got questions about weight loss? Ask the mob, they're sure to have the answers!

Moderator: Moderators

special diet with hypothyroidism?

Postby w8tolose » Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:29 pm

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know of a diet that works well with hypothyroidism? (underactive thyroid) I take thryroid replacement but am unsure if there is a special diet that has proved to be more effective. Can anyone help?

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wCVSknp/]
[/url]
w8tolose

Postby Playboy_bunny » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:12 pm

sorry, I have never heard of one myself...have you asked your gp? I would think that would be a likely place to find info...although, maybe do a search on google? Or you could PM mandie, she is becoming a doctor, and is very knowledgeable with these things ;) xx
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby Mandie » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:41 pm

If you're already on an adequate replacement dose of thyroid hormone (thyroxine), then your thyroid is no longer "underactive" because your body has enough thyroid hormone that it needs. Does that make sense?

So there is no specific diet, just make sure you keep taking the replacement tablets and getting your levels checked regularly.

Any low fat, low calorie, balanced diet with plenty of exercise mixed in will do the job. :)
Mandie

Postby w8tolose » Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:54 pm

Thanks Mandy,

I just thought that there might have been foods that work better, but the bit about it not being underactive now b/c of tablets make sense - my bad :oops:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wCVSknp/]
[/url]
w8tolose

Return to Ask the Mob