It is currently Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:03 pm

Free Newsletter

Got questions about weight loss? Ask the mob, they're sure to have the answers!

Moderator: Moderators

Postby mimosa8 » Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:51 pm

does cellulite go away once you have lost weight??

I havnt seen a body builder with cellulite as they are so ripped.. and low body fat. if you lose weight to low body fat does it go away for us too?

how can you disguise stretch marks when they are white?
ive heard tan can help but for me makes my skin look like a tiger with white lines in stead of black.. lol

anyone tried the non surgical : fat blaster accent? or mesotherapy.

did you have any success with it? its quite expensive but ive read that it works well for cellulite and toneing but not much for weight loss. stimulates collagen under the skin. would that help with stretch marks?

cellulity be gone.

Postby Blobber » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:04 am

Hi mimosa,
Cellulite describe pockets of fat which are trapped and cause dimpling in the skin. Usually in lower limbs. This dimpling is irregular and patchy and has been identified with orange peel. Unfortunatly it is much more commen in Women than in males.

I could write pages and pages on this topic but I will mention just a few things. In body builder when they go for competitions they have a very low body fat of maby 4% this is so that they can get as much definition of muscles as possible. In ordinary people like you and me it is almost impossible to get down to this level, even body builder only sustain it for a week or soo around competitions.

Skin elastisity is a key point here. Elastisity descreses with age and with your weight. After loosing weight the skin will reduce but not 100%. So there will always be some lax and fat left. This can mean that cellulit actually can get worse after losing a substantial amount of is unlikely to go away.
Dr. Beldholm
Surgeon in Sydney

Postby SarahC » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:09 am

I tried the Accent RF fat reduction therapy. It did not work one single bit!! Plus, it HURTS! OUCHHHH :cry:

Oh and the financial pain is also very painful!

Waste of time and money :evil:

Postby Haylez » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:12 pm

Yup, sadly cellulite is very difficult to get rid of in women. I remember when I was a size 10, had very little fat on my legs and bum and I still had cellulite. I did find that doing exercise that directly tones that area, like squats, reduces the effects of cellulite.

Sometimes I wish I was a mn. Their fat deposits are diufferent to our s so they dont really have cellulite

% Body Fat
Start: 36.3%
Current: 35.4%
Goal: 27%

1st mini Goal: 80kg by christmas

Postby electrongirl » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:18 pm

cellulite is a real bugger. It doesn't matter what size you are!

I had a friend who was tiny, like a size 6-8 and she had it and I was about a 14 back then and she would whinge how she had it and I didn't!!

I still only have a tiny section of it on my legs.
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog:

Image Image

Re: cellulite

Postby globetrotter » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:06 pm

Hi Mimosa,

I don't know if you've managed to get rid of your cellulite in the meantime (I've just realised that this topic was opened nearly a year ago), but I have tried the Accent machine and it worked wonders for me (not only smoother skin, but visible, tangible inch loss as well!!!). If you live in Sydney and would like to give it a go, visit I can highly recommend this treatment.

Postby loveat116 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:28 pm

It really depends on your body fat percentage. Some larger women who are muscular and have a lower body fat percentage might not have cellulite, but a size 6 girl could because she could still have a high % of body fat.

You can still be a low weight and be considered overweight by your body fat percentage. Having a lower % of body fat means less or no cellulite.
Starting Weight: 62kg Current Weight: 55.0kg Goal Weight: 54kg

Goal Reached 22 February 2008, Must get down to 54kg again!

Postby Strawberry » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:56 pm

creams don't work. massaging the area is said to work.

Postby jennifer8055 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:01 pm

I used to have pretty bad cellulite which only got worse after I get pregnant. I had it mostly around my inner thighs and bottom and a bit on my tummy as well. I tried eating more healthy food and did a lot of exercise as well which friends and family members recommended but my skin was still lumpy and floppy. I then recently read an article by a lady who claimed to have got rid of her cellulite by using a particular cream. I tried it and it worked pretty well. It took a couple of weeks but my skin had improved a lot and I managed to get rid of my cellulite completely. You can read more about the lady's article at the link below:

no advertising please

Return to Ask the Mob