It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:49 pm

Free Newsletter

40 AND FINDING IT HARD TO STICK TO ANY DIETS HELP!!!!!!

Got questions about weight loss? Ask the mob, they're sure to have the answers!

Moderator: Moderators

40 AND FINDING IT HARD TO STICK TO ANY DIETS HELP!!!!!!

Postby deedee67 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:18 am

HI im 40 years ive had 5 kids ranging from 23 -2 wow...anyway im having alot of trouble trying to lose weight i cant seem to be commited to it for some reason :x can anyone help me get motivated
deedee67 :D
deedee67

Postby SarahC » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:17 am

What I find helpful is to think of the worst case scenario... what will be the consequences if you don't change and continue on the path you are on? What will happen to your health? What will be the impact on your family and your children? It's not pleasant to think about, but it is a worthwile excercise.

Then, after that to make you feel better, think about how good you will feel after you start eating good healthy foods and doing regular excercise. All the energy you will have, the clothes you will be able to wear, etc, etc....

Then... go chuck out all the junk food from your house, go to the shops and have a big spend up on healthy fruits and veggies. Maybe walk there even :D

Good luck!
SarahC

Postby Mandie » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:07 am

Hi deedee!

Sarah's already given some great advice :)

I'll add my two cents - write a list of WHY you want to lose weight - is it to be healthy, to inspire your kids, to wear a bikini? Put the list somewhere you can see it (like on the fridge, or the mirror) and that should motivate you.

See if you can do some exercise with some/one of your kids.. that'd be fun, you could spend some quality time together, and go for walks and stuff?

Best of luck, welcome to the forum :)
Mandie

Postby deedee67 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:01 pm

THANKS GUY'S FOR YOUR TIPS,IVE GOT 20 KILOS TO LOOSE SO ITS NOT HEAPS BUT ENUFFF HEY! IVE GOT A SORE BACK AND I REALY THINK ITS BECAUSE IVE PUT ON SO MUCH WEIGHT.
I HAVE A GYM MEMBERSHIP AND IM LETTING IT GO TO WASTE.... :( SO I BETTER GET OFF MY FAT A#### AND SOMETHING ABOUT IT :P
Dee dee from geelong
deedee67

Postby scoots » Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:57 pm

i have also found recently and in the past that it helps to make small changes at a time that you can live with, if that makes sense, often in the past when i have started new "programs" i've been fine for a couple of weeks to months but often the huge sweeping changes are too hard to stick to long term.

Also, as i think Mandie has said somewhere else on this site, allowing yourself a small treat every so often is helpful i think coz then you don't feel like having a huge treat coz you've already satisfied that urge....does that make sense???

and finally as has already been said, getting rid of any of the not so healthy food from your house removes the temptation to jsut go and eat it, much harder if you have to leave the house and buy something unhealthy to eat, but make sure you have healthy stuff in the house to eat instead, otherwise you might end up going out to buy crap anyways

sorry that was a bit long but the ideas just kept coming :D
scoots

Return to Ask the Mob