It is currently Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:30 am

Free Newsletter

How long till I should see some weight loss?

Got questions about weight loss? Ask the mob, they're sure to have the answers!

Moderator: Moderators

How long till I should see some weight loss?

Postby Snow White » Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:00 pm

I have been working out over the last three weeks, doing 3 pump classes a week, a bit of swimming and also sweating it out on the treadmill 5-6 days a week about 30-40mins a go ... lots of incline, a little running and walking at a pretty fast pace (for me).
I have been TRYING to drink lots of water - some days successfully, others not so successfully! :(
As yet I haven't seen a change in my scales!
I realise that my muscle weight vs fat weight will be changing and I have started to notice a change in my butt and I am getting better at my exercise and challenging myself more every day. But I just wonder how long it will be till I start to see a change on the scales. As yet I haven't cut down on my meal sizes as I feel that I need the extra energy, I also have an iron deficency so trying to get in quite a bit of red meat etc. I have cut out all the chocolate and lollies and other junk I was eating.

Anyone been thru the same thing - were it took a while for the scales to head south? ... how long will I be waiting?

CW 86
GW 65-70 (will see when I get there)
Snow White

Postby SarahC » Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:02 pm

Hi Olivia. Sounds like you are doing all the right things. I know, sometimes it takes aaaggges for something to start happening. I've been pushing it for at least the last three weeks (up to 2 hours of cardio each day, and trying my very best to cut down on my overeating!) but still nothing. If anything it's gone up! But, you just have to be patient and keep pressing on. Have faith that you are doing the right thing, and the results that you deserve WILL come to you. Hang in there and don't give up!!! :wink:

you can do it

Postby mimosa8 » Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:03 pm

seems like you have been working hard!! sometimes it doesnt show up one the scales until the next week.. often when we have given up from waiting and cheated, then when we are cheating we are slimmer and wonder why.. its from the hard work the week before.

you will lose weight if you exercise like that.

make sure you are eating healthy foods and keep up your water levels. dont cut out your carbs.. just opt for low GI as it is slower burning.

fat burns in the fire of carbohydrates.

Re: you can do it

Postby SarahC » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:09 am

mimosa8 wrote:fat burns in the fire of carbohydrates.

Heheh I like that one *images of fat going up in flames* :twisted:

Postby sassi » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:57 am

hi olivia

first of all - welcome!

as i understand it via my pt, sometimes it can take a while of exercising etc before your metabolism kicks in - i think it can be affected by things like age, how long you've been overweight etc. i'm probably not explaining this very well - hopefully someone will be able to better than this!

but i found that the first time round (this is take two for me!), it took a few months before i started losing weight - i lost in small amounts (i.e. 200g) for about 4 months before i started seeing losses of 1kg at a time. if that makes sense!

Return to Ask the Mob