It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:51 am

Free Newsletter

LUPIN8

Got questions about weight loss? Ask the mob, they're sure to have the answers!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: LUPIN8

Postby trishaaah » Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:58 pm

Hello, I work at 'You can bake it' in Eltham Town Mall, off Arthur Street in Eltham

They stock Lupin8 there, and I believe it's the only place so far that you can get it in Melbourne.
You can give them a call on 9431 4100 for more if if you wish.

No need for WA posts any more :)

Trish
trishaaah

Postby bernard » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:28 pm

Hi Trish
Think you might be a bit wrong on only being able to get it at Eltham.
I buy it from my local Health Food Store and have seen it in a few places.
Cheers
bernard

Postby geoffb » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:38 pm

Lupin8 is available at all "You Can Bake It" stores in Western Australia and Victoria.
geoffb

Postby jannyf » Fri May 30, 2008 12:44 pm

Hi. i am not sure where in Melbourne you are but a shop in Chelsea sells this product in the arcade near the market, I havn't tried it but was reading about it the other day while in the shop
jannyf

Postby wilby » Sat May 31, 2008 10:20 am

You can buy Lupin8 at the health shop in Greensborough Plaza.

I just bought a tub yeterday.

Can you tell me when it should be added to food? During the cooking process or sprinkled over food after it is cooked?

I'm looking forward to seeing what the results of using it are. Cheers
wilby

Postby bernard » Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:50 pm

Hi
Depends on what you are cooking.
It dosent really matter when but i get better results when i use it straight up.
I often use it as a thickener.
I noticed some recipes on their website.
bernard

Postby happyday » Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:24 pm

Read about Lupin8 at their website and then checked out the tub at local health food store. Can anyone tell me why they added corn flour maize and rice meal to the mix? They are both very high GI (which contradicts their Low GI claim on front of label). I understand they don't give percentages of ingredients included in each tub, so not sure how these two ingredients will effect overall GI ranking.
happyday

Postby simone » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:19 pm

hi
Oats are low GI and maize only moderate. I have been on it for a couple of months now and cant live without it. Boy it has stopped me from eating between lunch and dinner. Think hubby has benefited the most though even though he does not know I am feeding it to him most of the time :D
simone

Postby happyday » Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:24 pm

Hi Simone,

Thanks for your thoughts on it's usefulness, I did some checking on GI ranking and Corn Flour is 97 (very very high). Rice meal is probably somewhere aroung 60 which is still high (based on cooked brown rice being about 55). Oatmeal is about 53 which is moderate.

I really believe in the health and appetite suppressant merits of Lupin, but I just think the ingredient combination used in Lupin8 is not well thought out. Particularly for me the choice of corn flour and rice meal - i think these two are not necessary to the mix. And unfortunately my partner suffers from coeliac disease (gluten intolerance), and because Oatmeal is used he can't eat it. The packaging was a little misleading too because it says "no added gluten", implying its safe for coeliac's when really it's not.

Perhaps something else will come onto the market that is similar but a little better thought out on the ingredients list. I hope so anyway!
happyday

Postby bernard » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:45 pm

hi
Also did some research on the ingredients
There is no corn flour in the product it has corn flour maize, corn flour is completly different I checked with food standards and they tell me that corn flour in fact is not corn at all but is a wheaten based product i checked this out at safeways on the corn flour they sell and in the ingredients it states wheaten flour as the ingredient listing (very misleading in my part) I suppose that is why Lupin8 people state no added wheat and no added gluten in the product (gluten being in wheaten products) where as corn flour maize is 100% corn which is much lower GI than wheaten corn flour.
Agree it is not suitable for coleiac as oat has gluten in it. Oat is an amazing grain with cholesterol lowering benefits i suppose that is why it is in the product along with the Psyliuum.
I have now gone through two tubs and i think we are benefiting from it not only in the weight loss . ONly problem i have is buying it the store i get it from sells out a lot and I have to wait for it. They tell me it is because the makers cant keep up with demand
bernard

Postby JM1 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:12 pm

Bernard,
I have just purchased Lupin8 today and have a list of Victorian places where you can purchase it. Bendigo: Shop 24, Strath Village S/C, 134 Condon St Bendigo 3550 5443 1100: Chelsea: Chelsea Markets, 450 Nepean Highway, Chelsea 3196 9773 2033. Gladstone Park: Shop 121 Gladstone Park S/C, Gladstone Park, 3043 9330 3244. Kilsytgh: Shop 2 Churinga Village S/C, Danddenong Rd. Kilsyth 3137 9722 8840. Even if you are not near any of these shops, the cost of postage would be less than from WA.

Have you done anything other than taking Lupin8 to lose weight?
JM1

Postby happyday » Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:54 am

Hi Bernard, I have also found a great product called Lupin+ Formula at my local Health Food store in Victoria (Lakes Entrance) that is fantastic. The naturopath at the store pointed out that Lupin+ Formula is suitable for coleiacs because its Gluten Free. The product also includes Hi-Maize which I have read a lot about lately because it is very healthy and helps with fat burning and fullness. I also like Lupin+ Formula because it is high in protein which is helping me because I'm exercising a lot too. So far I've lost about 10 kilos in 4 weeks. Bye.
happyday

Postby mumnbub » Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:41 am

Just looked on their website and it lists all the places you can buy it- was surprised to see it is available at so many locations, i dont have to go far to buy some (I live in Brisbane). Will try it and see if i notice any difference.

Is it safe for kids to eat? I have a 16mth old and dont want to give it to him if its not good for him obviously but if its used in cooking then it might be hard to avoid that
Start weight: 98kg April 2008
22/12/08- 80.7kg
29/12/08- 81.8kg
04/01/09- 81.6kg
12/01/09- 81kg
19/01/09- 80kg
09/02/09- 79.3kg
Next goal 75kg

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/waXaD9j/]
[/url]
mumnbub

Postby Gabster » Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:46 pm

Hi, does anyone know where to get this in Canberra... the Lupin8 website only shows one shop in Belconnen... I was wondering if it was more widely available...
Gabster

Postby happyday » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:11 pm

Hey, I noticed Lupin8 recently changed their ingredients??? This doesn't say good things about the merits of the products original design??? Anyway, it doesn't matter to me as I changed over awhile ago to the premium version called Lupin+ Formula because my naturopath told me it's a better product! I find Lupin+ Formula is much finer and easier to dissolve into more foods than Lupin8, and Lupin+ Formula is also 4 times higher in quality protein making it satisfy my cravings more and improve my metabolism so I burn more fat :lol: . Most health foods stores now have Lupin+ Formula, or you can just ask them to order it in from the wholesaler in your state (wholesalers are listed at the manufacturers website ].) Bye.
Last edited by Shalimar on Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Advertising removed.
happyday

PreviousNext

Return to Ask the Mob