It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:28 pm

Free Newsletter

Lemon Detox Diet

Got questions about weight loss? Ask the mob, they're sure to have the answers!

Moderator: Moderators

Lemon Detox Diet

Postby Tarz » Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:04 pm

Hi, What do you all think of the lemon detox diet. Is it a good way to kickstart weight loss or do you not recommend it? Is it hard? Just want peoples opinions.
Tarz

Postby SarahC » Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:16 pm

I have tried it, just on a one day every 12 days basis. I found it really hard and couldn't deal with the non-eating thing. I was getting stuck into the food by about 8pm hahaha!!!

It's very very very low in calories, so I wouldn't really recommend it because there's a risk that your metabolism will slow down (starvation response) which will just make it harder to lose weight in the future. But maybe a day or two could be beneficial to give your digestive system a bit of a break. Not sure about the 7- 10 days that they recommend, it sounds dangerous to me.

The weight loss that they report in the ads are almost definitely muscle and water losses, very minor fat component. :(
SarahC

Postby hysterical_oliver » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:54 pm

Mmm as Sarah said the weight you lose is water and muscle. I know a few people who have tried it and lost 8-10kg or so and said it was very hard to keep it up. Every single one of them has put it all back on plus more. I wouldn't recommend it.
14th September 2007 125kg
Current Weight 102kg
Goal Weight 60kg
hysterical_oliver

Postby Misstoodles » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:24 pm

Yeah I have to say I agree. Depriving the body of fuel doesn't necessarily make it use fat instead, as alot of people think. It breaks down your muscle mass and uses that instead, which means while you'll be losing weight on the scale, you wont actually be losing fat. Also when you deprive the body of carbohydrates, it needs to lower its basal metabolic rate so it can do its daily functions. This, and the fact that after eating practically nothing the first thing you'll want to do is hoe into a whole bunch of food:P is what stacks the weight back on.

At the end of the day, even if you gain weight back to what you were before the detox, it's fat replacing muscle.

This is just a suggestion, but have you considered doing a raw diet detox instead? you could eat raw foods, have the lemon water and make sure you get enough protein from the raw foods, or buy a good quality protein shake such as musashi (the chocolate is very very yummy, not to mention filling)

Megan
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFyKFbn/]
[/url]
Misstoodles

Postby Jisgone » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:52 pm

hey im doing a detox at the moment that sounds much better, i get to eat!!
mines a quick cleanse 15 day detox, its basically vegan food and u take liver, intestinal, stomach and bowel cleansers
its hard work but i can definately feel a difference :)
Jisgone

Return to Ask the Mob