It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:50 pm

Free Newsletter

A question for all the regular weighers

Got questions about weight loss? Ask the mob, they're sure to have the answers!

Moderator: Moderators

A question for all the regular weighers

Postby SarahC » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:38 pm

What's the biggest weight difference you've had between morning and night??

Stupid me just got on the scales, straight after dinner mind you, and am having another "moment" :roll: 53.9kg!!!!!! :shock: :shock: My last weigh in (morning, before eating, after toilet) was 50.7kg. That's a 3.2kg difference. I know I've been eating and drinking and all that... but!!!

What's my chances of a loss at my next weigh in based on that!!??

Stupid scales :roll:
SarahC

Postby hysterical_oliver » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:21 pm

My biggest difference would be about 2.5kg from morning to night, if it doesn't some off overnight it should only take a couple of day to return to "normal". I think everyone's weight fluctuates like that just most people wouldn't know because they don't weigh themselves so often 8)
14th September 2007 125kg
Current Weight 102kg
Goal Weight 60kg
hysterical_oliver

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:19 pm

I've had a 3kg difference in one day before. Unfortunately that's just the way it goes. And if it's TTOTM or excessively hot I don't trust the scales at all. I guess that's why they always say to weigh yourself at the same time of the day each time. So we don't all have heart attacks when we see all those extra kilos!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Fireball » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:43 am

With a variation like that, maybe some of it is fluid retention. I get that somestimes, especially with warm weather or if I consumed a lot of salt. It does usully decrease within a few days.

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby SarahC » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:30 am

Thanks guys! Yes fluid is all I can think it could be, but don't know why as I don't eat a lot of salt, and it's been pretty cool here the last few days. Plus I spent rather a long time in the toilet yesterday :oops: so I thought my weight would have gone down not up :? Back down to 51.7kg this morning, so there's still a mystery kilo in there.... I'll wait till Saturday before I panic officially :wink:
SarahC

Postby *KaTe* » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:18 pm

Hey Sarah C,

Dont take this the wrong way but why do you care about the extra kgs? The other day I weighed myself after weighing the day b4, and had lost 3kg. The body is a weird machine. I've weighed twice in the same day and have gained over 4kg in a day...

Havent you lost Heaps of weight in the past? I just remember being on the forum agesssss ago n thought you had lost heaps.

Even though I dont say much on the forum these days, I read alot of stuff and you seem to be doing everything right. Your always eating awesome low carb food, and exercising alot!

Imo I just think you shouldnt stress about it, if you look good and are doing your best, stressing about it all the time is gonna make it worse!

My impression of you when i first started on these forums (ur on empower foods 2 yeh?)is that you are a very healthy person! I dont even know you and got that impression. I've done the whole low carb thing, i know how much preperation and time goes into cooking all the yummy stuff. So be proud n happy with yourself, stressing about anything in life just brings you down and attracts what you dont want to yourself.

keep smiling :D

SMILE!!
*KaTe*

Postby loveat116 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:33 pm

Its just a number though, I doubt you looked any fatter from morning and night!

Of course your going to weigh more at night, you'll have food in there and water from the day! 3kg sounds about right.

I never weigh at night though, i always weigh in the morning cause its more contstant.
Starting Weight: 62kg Current Weight: 55.0kg Goal Weight: 54kg

Goal Reached 22 February 2008, Must get down to 54kg again!
loveat116

Postby Misstoodles » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:23 pm

I think the most it's fluctuated overnight is something like 1.2 kg. I can't remember if I ate over my calories or not, and I had done some things that would dehydrate my body -a lot-. I think it was a combination of a small amount of fat loss and alot of water loss, unfortunately.

Megan.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFyKFbn/]
[/url]
Misstoodles

Postby Fiona25 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:03 pm

Confessions of an obcessed weigher here :oops:

Yesterday morning I was 61kgs, at night after dinner I was 62.5kgs, right before bed I was 62.kgs and this morning I was 60.8kgs.

Generally for me, whatever I weigh right before bed, I am 1kg lighter in the morning. Occasionally a bit lighter or heavier, but its usually the 1kg.

When I say before bed, that is around 9:30pm and most of the time I haven't eaten after 7:30pm, just drunk lemon tea.

I actually have mid week peaks in my weight though, so only take notice of my Sunday morning weigh in, even though I weigh myself at LEAST 4 times a day :oops: Its just curiosity, I swear!
Saying goodbye to calorie counting AND scales for a while.

Just enjoying the new and improved healthy me and embracing my new lifestyle!
Fiona25

Postby Misstoodles » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:36 pm

Hehe I thought I was the only one Fiona! I do the exact same thing because it gives me a general idea of my weight loss over-night. I think it's so I don't wake up disappointed, lol.

Megan
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFyKFbn/]
[/url]
Misstoodles

Postby SarahC » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:51 pm

Hehe I get that :lol: It's so you know what to expect in the morning!!

Generally I'm about 2kg different, which is why I got a shock at the 3.2kg!!!! And yes, would you believe, I did look different. Not just imagining it either, I could have measured and my tape measure would have told the same story!

I know it's just a number and I shouldn't worry about it too much etc etc... . I guess I'm overly worried at the moment because I have been WORKING SO GODDAM HARD that I think I would be VERY upset (putting it mildly) if I didn't see any results for it :(
SarahC

Postby JP1 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:56 pm

about 3 kilos on Boxing Day but that was after a bit of a session too... surprised you had a 3.2 Kg difference especially considering your weight but hey... I've said before our bodies do strange things... being a bit of a scale junkie and having a fairly reliable set of scales, I can categorically say that there have been some pretty strange happenings surrounding some readings... spooky! :shock: :? :wink:
Highs : 107 Kg (24 Sept 2007) : 113.5 Kg (12 Jan 2014) : 112.5 Kg (26 Jan 2016)
Current :99.2 Kg (31 May 2016)
Lows : 78.4 Kg (20 May 2008) : 87.4 Kg (on 16 Dec in both 2009 & 2010) : 82.9 Kg (14 Apr 2011) : 87.1 Kg (4 Jul 2011) : 90.5 Kg (14 Jul 2014)
Target : 94 Kgs by 15th Jul
JP1

Return to Ask the Mob