It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:54 pm

Free Newsletter

Recommended bathroom scales?

Got questions about weight loss? Ask the mob, they're sure to have the answers!

Moderator: Moderators

Recommended bathroom scales?

Postby Pandora » Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:48 pm

hey gang,

i want to buy some new scales, i think digital is the way to go so i can monitor the smallest losses (encouraging!). i'm going to order online, can you recommend any particular brands and models?

cheers, pandora :D
Pandora

Re: Recommended bathroom scales?

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:56 pm

I got mine at Deals Direct (http://www.dealsdirect.com.au) because they stock them very cheap there. I just bought whatever was on offer, but chose ones without the fat and water measurements because I just wanted a basic digital scale.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby big_love » Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:32 pm

I have a weight watchers brand...only beacuse they were the only one our town actually had! They are really good though...you can save your weight, so each time you step on, it will tell you how much you have lost since you last weighed in....there are heaps of different WW scales though...mine weren't really that cheap either but like I said, its all we had...
140/117/85
big_love

Postby hysterical_oliver » Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:45 pm

I've heard Tanita is a good brand. Don't get the el cheapo's from Woolies!! Mine weigh about 500g diffence when I get on them. I weigh myself 5 times on off on off on off on off on off to get 3 results the same!!! It's going to drive me to OCD!!!!
14th September 2007 125kg
Current Weight 102kg
Goal Weight 60kg
hysterical_oliver

Postby Tarz » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:43 pm

EvilWombatQueen wrote: got mine at Deals Direct (http://www.dealsdirect.com.au) because they stock them very cheap there.

I got mine from deals direct also. i bought mine for $30 (it claims the RRP is $99 but i doubt it), you can preset your age and height and censored so it also calculates bmi, fat percentage and something else. I'm still learning it, got it on the weekend but i like it.
Tarz

Return to Ask the Mob