It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:37 pm

Free Newsletter

Did i make the good or bad food choice? What is the good cho

Got questions about weight loss? Ask the mob, they're sure to have the answers!

Moderator: Moderators

Did i make the good or bad food choice? What is the good cho

Postby Tarz » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:15 am

I was taken to the movies last night to see fools gold (fantastic movie) but before the movie we went to have dinner just in the shopping centre, we went to a chinese restaraunt shop and out of everything on the board i chose the vegetable noodle soup, had lots of brocoli which is fantastic (i love my brocoli) it didn't seem oily, well i couldn't see any specs in the liquid. Do you think that is a good choice? i didn't eat all the noodles there was way to much.
Tarz

Re: Did i make the good or bad food choice? What is the good cho

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:15 am

I think it was a greatchoice. If there had been lots of oil in it you would have seen it floating on top, so chances are the stock wasn't too high in fat. Broccoli is an excellent source of fibre and it's low in calories. The only potential problem would have been the noodles, and if you didn't eat too many of them I don't see that as an issue. As far as Chinese restaurant food choices I think you picked the best possible option. Well done!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby SarahC » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:01 am

Sounds great... and not seeing little greasy spots in the liquid is a rare bonus as well :wink:
SarahC

Postby Tarz » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:03 am

Thanks for that. I have been constantly thinking about it, whether i did the right thing chosing that or if i should have just not eaten anything til i got home. I guess i was feeling guilty cos i enjoyed it. But i should still be able to go out and eat in normal places other wise fiance will think he is being punished.
Tarz

Postby electrongirl » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:05 am

definately a good choice. Most chinese food is quite high in fat but this sounds great!

When I get chinese I get stir fied veges and steamed rice. I'll have to look out and see if they do a similar soup!!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby Kimmie » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:35 pm

I have this same dilemma all the time! I think it's better to eat at dinner time, when you're hungry. If you'd waited until you got home a) it would have been closer to bed which is bad for metabolism (assuming it was in the evening); and b) I find when I get home ravenous and starving I just about eat the contents of the fridge! :lol:

Anything steamed or in oyster sauce is usually pretty healthy. I typically have sushi when I go out, the main reason I have a lot of trouble stopping when I'm full. If I only have 1-2 sushi rolls (depending on how hungry I am) well, I can't eat more then that, can I? :P
Kimmie

Return to Ask the Mob