It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:42 am

Free Newsletter

Anyone had or considered cosmetic surgery?

Got questions about weight loss? Ask the mob, they're sure to have the answers!

Moderator: Moderators

Anyone had or considered cosmetic surgery?

Postby ali76 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:47 pm

I've been thinking about cosmetic surgery lately. I need to take out hosptal cover and understand that after the 12 month waiting period you can have optional surgery...

I'd love to take the quick fix and have Lipo on my hips, thighs and butt (although I'm not silly and know you still need to eat well and exercise to stop the fat all coming back). Anyone considered it or actually had it done?
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Re: Anyone had or considered cosmetic surgery?

Postby electrongirl » Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:20 pm

I would really like to get a breast reduction, currently I am a 16E and when I am thin I am still a DD. I have really bad neck pain and this doesn't help!!

However I have heard that getting it done can make it so you can't breastfeed and I want to have a baby soon and I am a breastfeeder!!! So it may have to wait!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby ali76 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:25 pm

Nikki, can you give them to me....my 14 year old niece has bigger boobs than my 12Bs...!!
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby big_love » Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:33 pm

I have considered..I dont know if it is cosmetic though, having all the moles removed from my face. I am literally covered in moles and I hate them! People try to tell me they add character, but really, HOW MUCH CHARACTER DO I NEED!!! The worse one is on my nose, and when its not making me look like a witch, people are asking me if I have my nose pierced. I really want to get my nose pierced, but can't with the mole, and If I got it done on the otherside, would just look ridiculous!!!
140/117/85
big_love

Postby electrongirl » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:33 pm

ali76 wrote:Nikki, can you give them to me....my 14 year old niece has bigger boobs than my 12Bs...!!

ali, I am more than willing to share!!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby shelbel » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:20 pm

I would totally have my nose done, ive always wanted a danity nose, i have one like a hawk! :roll: And id like a boob lift, darn gravity! LOL But alas like everything else i want to do, has to wait till we win lotto!!
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby Kimmie » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:57 pm

I have though about lipo (I could do with it just about everywhere, but mostly hips bum thighs), but honestly I would *love* a boob job. But I also have concerns about breast feeding. I'm only 23, I won't be having kids for a while, but they are pretty likely to be part of my life in 5 years or so. My aunt had a boob job (surprise surprise it's genetic), but I can't recall if it was before or after having my cousins. I would like to ask her about it, but I'm a bit embarrassed!
Kimmie

Postby reester33 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:55 pm

Hey Tam I had moles on my face too and I always used to think they were soooooooooooooo HUGE that everyone was looking at them. I don't worry about them so much anymore.....but I have some info for you. I had some moles removed by a plastic surgeon in my teens, but I would only recommend that if the moles were in-line with a natural crease. My surgeon made my scars continue into my smile lines. The scars are barely noticeable these days. However THE BEST treatment for moles these days (for cosmetic reasons ONLY) is to have them frozen off with liquid nitrogen....like with warts (wart treatments from the chemist....dunno if they work or not). Some took 3 treatments, but I do have one stubborn one that still hasn't gone after 6 treatments. It's painless, but you look like you have bites where your warts are for about a week....after that they fade. My doc bulk-billed me so it didn't even cost me anything....but even having to pay and get reimbursed from Medicare is cheaper than cosmetic surgery! LOL

And to the rest of you asking about who's considered other forms of surgery.......I would LOVE to have a boob lift.....I'm 34 and have boobs like my grandma. :( Of course they'll probably look better after all the weight's gone and I've strengthened those muscles that lift your breasts....but seriously....how far are they gonna lift??? I wish I knew. But I can't have one because I haven't had children....or I should rather say "I won't have one".

I've also looked into liposuction and liposculpture. With the amount they had to suck out of me it would take two operations and cost me $20000....although they did say if the surgeon "saw me first" he may agree to do it for half that. :shock: But the ops would entail having liposuction on my stomach, legs, back, shoulders, butt and above my breasts.......it was really, really humiliating! And I didn't have it done because I couldn't afford it....but to have all that fat sucked out and disappear overnight....I'd be the star of my own "Extreme Makeover". :lol: Then I asked myself the question did I really put in every effort to lose weight the "normal" way? And the answer was "No!" So I took my $10000 I had and went to Egypt instead! LOL

:) Maree

I WAS EATING MYSELF TO DEATH WITH A KNIFE AND FORK!
reester33

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:57 am

I need to get a dermatofibroma cut out of my leg. It looks like an ugly wart, but it's really just an odd hardening of skin. It often gets nicked while I'm shaving so I really have to get around to getting it cut out. Luckily it can be done in a doctor's surgery but I've been too lazy to get it done.

I'd love to get rid of a few moles and cherry angiomas. I'd love to get a nose job to fix my perforated septum too. Basically most of the stuff I want to get done is just to fix things that are medically wrong with my silly body, not to make it look 'better'. I'd be too scared to get liposuction or liposculpture. I figure the likelihood of a fatal fat embolism may be quite small, but it's still higher than if I don't get the surgery. And I'd hate to die on my family and friends for a non-essential medical procedure.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby SarahC » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:30 pm

ali76 wrote:Nikki, can you give them to me....my 14 year old niece has bigger boobs than my 12Bs...!!

LOL, and if there's any spare, could I have some too??? I'm struggling to fit into my 12A. I really need a 12AA but they don't make them, except for in the children's department :(

Would love to have bigger boobs. 12B would be fantastic...

And I'd do anything to get rid of my little belly, and the rather large bulges on my inner thighs. If I could only find the money from somewhere!! And if I could be guaranteed that it would actually work!
SarahC

Postby mimosa8 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:17 pm

yes had and considered cosmetic surgery

had breast augmentation a- large c
- wish i hadnt done it it was very painful. if i knew how painful then i wouldnt have gone ahead.
- cost 10,000. can still feel them and they are heavy and hurt my shoulders.
- I am 5kg heavier than when I had them done and they look now too big for my body.

Liposuction
- cost 8,000
- had it to my stomach, thighs, back. after all the pain and money and surgery, he had only removed 2Ltrs = 2kg..

THINK ABOUT IT... 2kg = 8,000..
I could think of better ways to spend my money. also I couldnt walk around and was in pain for a long time after.
They also pump you full of adrenaline solution prior to sucking it out and you are bloated for ages. My lymphatic system still has not recovered., especially in my legs.

LIPODISSOLVE
had it done cost 750 for stomach area. Didnt work, looked pregnant for 4 weeks and was painful to my kidneys for some reason for 4 days after. also it was torture. 200 needles in your stomach. he said it wouldnt really hurt.

IPL
had done to my face. slight improvement in my tone. they say you need 3-4 treatments to see results.
- cost $200

I have also worked at a cosmetic surgery, it scared me, the surgeon looked like frankensteins bride.. and this is a big clinic that advertises heavily in the newspaper.
mimosa8

Postby bear » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:35 pm

I would absolutely love a tummy tuck and boob lift!!!! :D

Looked into it and it was about $12 K each!!

Need to win lotto though or get a sugar daddy!!:wink: :lol:

Pregnancy and weight loss has shattered my body :cry:

I have my health so I'm happy!!! :D
ImageImage
bear

Postby Sussy » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:25 pm

I would definitely have cosmetic surgery if i could afford it, i think the only problem being would be where to begin and then where would it end....i think it could end up being a vicious circle. If you're not happy to start with, will you ever be? And once you have one thing done, then you'd be thinking "well i need this done too to make that look better" and so on and so on. But like i said if i had the money i would. :)
Sussy

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:19 pm

I'd love a breast lift.. I'm happy with the size now as they've gone from a 12E to a 10C, but they are saggy baggy and horrid :( :(
zeedeveelgirl

Postby Fiona25 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:39 pm

I don't think i'd ever get anything done, but i'd love to get a nose job, breast enlargement and breast lift.

I'm only a 10B - at my heaviest (76kgs) I was a 14D! I miss having big boobs, ok, I miss having any boobs, I have nothing! I do sometimes wear silicone fillers in my bra which I refer to as my chicken fillets :lol:

At the end of the day, I don't hate my nose and small boobies enough to fork out that much money AND i'd be afraid it'd turn out worse than what I went in as AND I hate recovery!
Saying goodbye to calorie counting AND scales for a while.

Just enjoying the new and improved healthy me and embracing my new lifestyle!
Fiona25

Next

Return to Ask the Mob