It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:01 pm

Free Newsletter

Censored AND THE GABRIEL METHOD

Got questions about weight loss? Ask the mob, they're sure to have the answers!

Moderator: Moderators

Censored AND THE GABRIEL METHOD

Postby madgicsh » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:28 pm

Anyone tried either? :?:

censored tells you that you can lose weight without strenuous exercise, then sends you a pedometer and demands 10,000 steps per day - now THAT'S new - NOT!! :oops:

Jon Gabriel has provably done it, :? and his book is A LOT cheaper than censored; any readers here? :?: :?:

While I'm waiting for answers, I'll just keep counting calories - Sigh! :evil: and WALKING!!
Madgic1
HW 110kg
LW 62kg
GW 65kg
CW 80.5kg

Exercise hurts less than looking in the mirror

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wTlMxqm/]
[/url]
madgicsh

Re: Censored AND THE GABRIEL METHOD

Postby B'sgirl » Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:55 am

Hi Magicsh,

Don't know if you are still after a reply on this post but I know someone who has done censored & she has lost about 14kgs since january. She told me that really all it is is a low-carb /high protein diet. BUT she has taken up running too so I think that the combination of a low carb diet/running has given her the best results.

Hope this helps,

B'sgirl
SW-90.4KGS
CW-90.4
GW-60KGS

DEC '07-59KGS
SIZE 10
B'sgirl

Postby fatmama » Fri May 02, 2008 10:50 am

I don't know if you are still looking for information on this but your post just came up in asearch i did. I don't know anything about the Censored but I have read Jon Gabriels book and would recommend it to anyone. It takes the emphasis off weight loss and puts it on to looking after your body and mind, basically once you get them in order your body will stop giving you the messages for all the wrong things and you will find it simple to stay thin. It is truely insprational, but mostly based on science. Even if you are having sucess with your diets I would recommend reading this. I have read it but not really started doing it yet. Would be well interested in hearing from anyone who is doing it.
fatmama

Postby MelbGirl08 » Mon May 05, 2008 4:58 pm

Hey there,

I've ordered the Gabriel Method book online and it has been sent to me today.

I'll update here once I've gone through it. :D Here's hoping!
MelbGirl08

Postby wombat53 » Wed May 07, 2008 2:07 pm

Hi,
I am only new here but I have been doing what is said in The Gabriel Method for about nearly a month and so far have lost 7kg, which to me is fairly good as i lift weights on a regular basis :D
wombat53

Postby MelbGirl08 » Thu May 08, 2008 12:45 pm

Hey Wombat,

That's AWESOME! 7 kg in one month!

I just got my copy of Gabriel Method yesterday. I'll start probably this week, I'm just so afraid it may not work and then I'll be disappointed again.

Well done!
MelbGirl08

Postby wombat53 » Thu May 08, 2008 11:57 pm

I say this when doing his method make sure you cut out a picture of what you would like to look like (even if it is someone you don't even look like) and listen to the CD every night for atleast a month. I just weighed in to see what was happening as I have gone down from 102cm to a nice fitting 97cm which I haven't been able to fit in for about 4 years. It puts my weight back to 115kg and I am finally getting more defined :o
wombat53

Postby lucy » Sun May 11, 2008 1:49 pm

Hi

I have just ordered Jon Gabriel's book, I too have tried everything in the past, lost weight, gained weight, you all know the story I am sure. Can anyone give me some additional advice or encouragement, I live in a rural area and feel a little isolated.
lucy

Postby wombat53 » Sun May 11, 2008 7:37 pm

Don't think of it as a diet, let you body do what it wants to do, drink water before eating as thirst is usually confused with being hungry. And remember that your body doesn't know when you are stressed, all your brain will think is food. I know you have probably heard this a million times but weightloss is a state of mind, happiness is the key to losing weight!, and put away the scales for atleast a month. If you haven't lost any weight for the first month, don't worry about it, but think how you feel, if you feel happy content and your health feels good weightloss will follow. It's not a race. Good luck I know you will be able to do it! :D
wombat53

Postby stanleyj » Sun May 18, 2008 9:13 pm

Hi ,
I have just finished Jon's book today. Bought it yesterday. Confirms all that most of us dieters know about dieting and gives us hope and a direction to pursue to be successful in changing our body and mind. As I am only just starting on this journey I would appreciate any advice. From my reading of the book, I'm asuming that Jon is advocating salads rather that cooked vegetables. Those of you who have been successful, perhaps can tell me the answer to this.... Do I forget about the usual low fat, sugar free , low carbs etc. I feel guilty about that. I would appreciate any help. I guess the main changes for me will be listening to hs CD everynight, the visualization tehniques etc,
stanleyj

Postby wombat53 » Sat May 24, 2008 2:06 am

I can tell you what I did, all I did was eat and drink as much organic things i could get my hands on. I have been eating takeaway as well and not healthy either at times but have dropped another 2 kg which puts my weightloss to 9 kg so far, and drinking as much water as I can handle
I don't think it is so much the food as it is getting your mind not thinking about what type of food you should eat to diet. I started losing weight doing the book when I sort of stopped worrying about dieting and losing weight. I would do some form of exercise if you can though, even if it is a slow walk around the block, weightlifting if possible as it can burn up alot more calories than just cardio. This a list of some of the food and drink I have been eating and drinking so far,

White bread Salad
Fruit ( mostly apples and mandarins, Banana's Chicken
Pasta Some red meat
Smoked Salmon Cheese ( just normal cheese not low fat)
Cabbage Bags of steamed veg ( a mix)
Bacon & Eggs ( alot of it lol) ( none of the food I have is low fat)
Organic Milk
Water (alot of it)
Coffee( i use this as a stimulant aswell before some workouts)
Hot Dogs
Subway (italian sub, foot long)

Also I have been taking a multi vitamin and Flaxseed oil, I would experiment on different types of food as some additive's in food can make you bloat which I for one avoid :D
I eat a fair bit but do atleast 2 to 3 days in the gym. You may find some days you can eat and others you don't feel like eating too. The hardest thing is listening to what you body wants :P
wombat53

Postby lucy » Sun May 25, 2008 4:33 pm

Thanks for the comments and encouragement Wombat, I have not started the book yet, had a quick interstate trip last week. :D I will start the book this week and then hopefully start seeing results.

I have access to organic eggs and vegie, my own home grown, but any other tips from anyone would be great.

my goal is to drop dress sizes not kilos, I dont care what the scales say, as long as the "thin" end of my wardrobe is the end I dress from I will be delighted. :lol: :lol:
lucy

Postby wilby » Thu May 29, 2008 9:28 pm

hello wonderful people.

My first time here and was reading everyone's comments. I'm reading Jon Gabriel at the moment. My husband just groaned "not another health book." Fortunately he doesnt have the dysfunctional relationship with food that I have, but it does make it difficult for me to open up to him because I know he won't understand. So I'm glad to find this forum.

Jon Gabriels book is awesome. If nothing else you will learn about your body. His book is the FIRST ever that makes the most sense. That doesn't make me feel like a freak when I lose control and want to eat everything bad in sight. Part of my problem may be that I stress out about not applying what I know and am learning about w8loss, then that stress activates bingeing. I think I only just realised that from reading this thread. Please keep me updated on your w8loss and applying Jon Gabriel's method. I just need to get my kickstart. Just to lose 2 kilos to pick up my spirits and belief in myself again ... I'm so desperate. I'm 38, female, 5'6 and at least 120kg. Please stay in touch with me everyone. I hitting rock bottom.

Wilby
wilby

Postby wilby » Thu May 29, 2008 9:45 pm

I just read some other threads. For some reason I didn't like them. I had a thought. Jon Gabriel may not work for eveyone, but I think ... if I have the patience and can FOR ONCE apply what he talks about, coz lets face it (once you read the book) it's not really that hard. I got the book a couple weeks ago (I'm a slow reader) and ok I'm still eating crap, but I've added salad to my meals just about every night. For the FIRST TIME EVER I'm starting to like salad without being forced to pretend to like it. Granted it's a minute change, but if I just put more effort into it and stopped pressuring and stressing myself out about w8loss ... I may have some hope.

So I'm wondering if for all those who like the Jon Gabriel method and it's working for, could we start our own thread if one hasn't already been started. Or we could make this the main thread. I read some negative feedback about it on other threads and I just didn't like it. Of course everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but it's not going to help us that are keen on the Gabriel Method. We need to surround ourselves with positivity, well I know right now I need to.

Thoughts anyone? I'd really like to get a good supportive group going, specifically for those doing the Gabriel Method. What does everyone ... anyone, think?
wilby

Postby wombat53 » Fri May 30, 2008 1:22 am

Never give up hope on weightloss. Think positive, as the old saying goes a healthy mind makes a healthy body. I have loss weight mainly due I think to thinking positive about it all. I listed some of the foods I have eaten, but I assure you all that I have eaten alot of crap food at times and still am losing weight ( go figure). Most of the negative comments you get on this book usually you will find that those people have a negative outlook on anything, if it doesn't work straight away and you don't lose 20 kg in a month then it is not worth doing. I did Admin Censored at one stage and lost a fair amount of weight but forking out $200 to $300 a month can burn a large hole in your pocket, but I ended up putting the weight back on and some after I stopped using the shakes. Atleast this method teaches you to use what you were given and that is your brain.

Think until you receive! It can be very frustrating when trying to figure out what your body wants.When you learn to listen and figure out what you body wants, then you are well on your way to weightloss and a better life all round. Keep up the good work people. AND REMEMBER, DO NOT GIVE UP! :D :) :wink:
wombat53

Next

Return to Ask the Mob