It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:46 am

Free Newsletter

Censored AND THE GABRIEL METHOD

Got questions about weight loss? Ask the mob, they're sure to have the answers!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Censored AND THE GABRIEL METHOD

Postby morerollsthanabakery » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:46 am

Hi Starr22,i would be glad to burn you a copy,it is for a good cause :wink: ,the Cd is important,and you dont want to let any more time pass...CHEERS.you can email me at [email protected]
morerollsthanabakery

Postby morerollsthanabakery » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:55 am

Thanx for the reply EvilWombatQueen,mmm the name a guy a work said that to me i couldnt stop laughing,but later when i composed myself,i thought bugger i thought id hidden those rolls under my big shirt,so it is time to change..
morerollsthanabakery

Postby Robin » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:28 am

I like "The Gabriel Method" because you do not have to become obsessed with counting, weighing, or planning meals. You do not have to worry about food-groups or percentages. You don't feel like you are "dieting" (which usually means depriving yourself of something). You learn to listen to your body - rather than eat from habit or for comfort.

The food choices you make are more important than when and how much you eat. The advice he gives on what to choose is all based on scientific research,and the choices aim to help your body to get the nutrients it needs (if it doesn't get the correct nutrients, your body DEMANDS that you eat more - in the hope that it will get what it needs). For some people, the choices may seem strange at first, but your body will feel so much better that you will want to continue eating a variety of fresh, un-processed, tasty foods and ditch the stuff you get out of packets.

I obtained an MP3 with a speaker and set it to repeat Jon's vizualization/relaxation over and over while I sleep. I noticed, after a couple of nights, that I was sleeping better - and (best of all) I found that I was not attracted at all to the (less than optimum) foods I had previously been automatically grabbing (out of habit and for convenience). I am now attracted to eating more fruit, vegetables, salads and nuts. I am also more attracted to fish and eggs - rather than meat and bread. I do not crave sugar or fatty foods - but enjoy the occasional treat. I am also not using food to fill a void.

I think listening to the cd every night is a vital part of the plan. It deals with many of the underlying causes of over-eating in a positive, relaxing, and confident way.

After years of using food for things other than nutrition, I am delighted to find that my clothes are becoming looser and my feeling of general wellbeing has sky-rocketted. I have had a few lapses, but don't bash myself around the head over them. After all, I am undoing the habits of decades, and I know my body is responding. Last time I weighed, I had lost 4 kilos in a month - without any extra exercise or obssessing.

Give this METHOD a good go - and don't think of it as a diet.
Robin

Postby starr22 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:49 am

Ok, just letting everyone know I got the CD. YAY. I spoke to the bookstore where I bought my copy, and they told me the copy that I bought was the 'new' version (2nd addition) which doesn't come with the disc :roll: (so silly!). So they rang around for me and got a copy of the old version (1st addition) in for me and were very kind and let me swap it over. :D I am so happy I called the shop now :D Ill be listening to the CD tonight.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wqP0t7v/]
[/url]
starr22

Postby starr22 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:52 am

Oh and Morerolls, Thanx for offering to burn me a copy :D Would have been great if I hadn't been able to get a copy :D Thanx
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wqP0t7v/]
[/url]
starr22

Postby mumnbub » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:05 am

I hope you can now enjoy listening to it every night- it helps me to go to sleep and I wake up feeling positive. Good luck
Start weight: 98kg April 2008
22/12/08- 80.7kg
29/12/08- 81.8kg
04/01/09- 81.6kg
12/01/09- 81kg
19/01/09- 80kg
09/02/09- 79.3kg
Next goal 75kg

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/waXaD9j/]
[/url]
mumnbub

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:57 am

That's great news, Starr! I hope you enjoy listening to it.

I think I need to start listening to it in the mornings as well as at night. At night-time I tend to fall asleep within a minute of it starting, only to wake up when it starts over again on repeat! So while my subconscious is probably getting beautifully programmed while I nap, I think my conscious mind needs to get a bit of learning into it to. :lol:
EvilWombatQueen

Postby mumnbub » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:37 pm

EWQ I have the same problem- It seems to put me to sleep as I never get to sleep that fast normally. I am not sure if I have ever heard the end of it, might listen to it a bit in the mornings as well.
Start weight: 98kg April 2008
22/12/08- 80.7kg
29/12/08- 81.8kg
04/01/09- 81.6kg
12/01/09- 81kg
19/01/09- 80kg
09/02/09- 79.3kg
Next goal 75kg

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/waXaD9j/]
[/url]
mumnbub

Postby ThinkingThin » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:55 pm

Hello Everyone!

New to forums and new to The Gabriel Method. But i'm so excited after reading the book and can't wait to start my new positive thinking. Infact, I think i've already started! :lol:

I bought the book from a book store and it didn't come with a CD. I've been looking to buy or download one but can't seem to find it anywhere!! I went to the website and wrote them an email but am yet to get a reply. Does anybody know where I can get my (skinny) hands on one?!

Thanks!! :P
ThinkingThin

Postby Robin » Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:41 pm

The website has been updated and now has videos.

You should be able to order the CD from there.

http://www.jongabriel.com.au
Robin

Postby ThinkingThin » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:00 am

Thanks Robin.

I've looked on that website a few times but can only find where you can buy the book with the CD and not the CD by itself! :?
ThinkingThin

Postby Pooks » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:13 pm

Does anyone know if censored is suitable for an 8yo girl? I am concerned about the lack of carbs in the program.

Any information would be greatly appreciated!
Pooks

Postby amber910 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:56 pm

thank you all. I've been reading this forum for 24 hrs and you have all convinced me and i have just ordered book and cd. In three weeks i'll be doing belly dancing in front of ovr 300 people :oops: and have decided my belly too big. By the way i wouldn't put an 8 yr old on a diet before seeing a doctor. See you soon hopefully a little lighter. Love yous all, thank you thank you thank you :wink: :lol:
amber910

Postby amber910 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:22 pm

amber910 wrote:thank you all. I've been reading this forum for 24 hrs and you have all convinced me and i have just ordered book and cd. In three weeks i'll be doing belly dancing in front of ovr 300 people :oops: and have decided my belly too big. By the way i wouldn't put an 8 yr old on a diet before seeing a doctor. See you soon hopefully a little lighter or even better a lot. Love yous all, thank you thank you thank you :wink: :lol:
amber910

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:39 am

Pooks wrote:Does anyone know if censored is suitable for an 8yo girl? I am concerned about the lack of carbs in the program.

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

I can't find anything on the censored website about whether or not it's suitable for children. Most diet programs and meal replacement systems are designed for adults and are not recommended for children. Children have unique dietary needs that would not necessarily be met by an adult weight loss program. My gut instinct is that it's unlikely that censored would be suitable for a child, however I could be wrong.

There is a contact page on the censored website which has an email address and phone number. You could call them and find out if their product is suitable for children. Link.

If censored is not recommended for children it would probably be a good idea to talk to your GP, a paediatrician or a dietitian about a diet and exercise plan suitable for an eight year old.
EvilWombatQueen

PreviousNext

Return to Ask the Mob