It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:00 pm

Free Newsletter

Censored AND THE GABRIEL METHOD

Got questions about weight loss? Ask the mob, they're sure to have the answers!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Censored AND THE GABRIEL METHOD

Postby purplemummy26 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:36 pm

Hi, Im a newbie, and quite by accident came across the Jon Gabriel Method the other day, I have ordered his book, and eagerly await its arrival in the mail. Like many others I have tried heaps of healthy eating plans, and my weight goes up and down like a yoyo, Im almost 45 yrs old, and got scaringly close to the triple figures again ( 1 off).. which has made me want to lose weight yet again, but after a few weeks of counting calories, eating healthy, no takeaways, no snacking in between meals and exercising 4 to 5 times a week i have lost 1 kilo, very frustrating, makes you think why the heck you bother, its hard to stay positive, But i will persist for my healths sake, i need to, i could carry of this weight easier when i was younger, but nowadays it tires me out, especially with a 3 yr old to look after...Im hoping the Mirena IUD i had inserted last year hasnt made losing weight impossible for me...
Anyway i have found reading your posts to be quite motivating, it helps to know your not alone in this battle.. :)
purplemummy26

Postby Robin » Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:25 pm

Hi Purple Mummy, I am sure that you will do well on the Gabriel Method - as his plan is based on recent research and personal experience - not just outdated myths or theories.

No foods are forbidden BUT:-

It is important to eat sufficient HIGH NUTRITION food - so that your body is not making you hungry (in the hope that it will get sufficient protein, vitamins, minerals, amino acids etc). This means that you should eat high nutrition foods FIRST - and AT EACH MEAL - then eat other foods (if you still really want to). You should also include small quantities of good quality fats (which help prevent wrinkles as you lose weight).

It is important to eat small, high-quality meals frequently throughout the day. Each of these meals should contain high-quality protein (protein also reduces hunger) - but not too much protein or fat.

These two strategies will convince your body that there is no shortage of nutrients, and once your body has restored its nutrients, your appetite and cravings will reduce and dissapear. This may take a little while (depending on your present nutrient status) but it WILL happen. Once you reach this point, it is absolutely amazing not feeling that you are a slave to your hunger and cravings.

All these points are explained in Jon's book - and the vizualization CD is very helpful as well.

Best wishes... :D
Robin

Postby stevo1 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:53 am

Hi,

I've reviewed both systems and each of them has merit. However, they tend to focus on different things. Censored by Geoff Jowett (from the fitness industry) tends to approach things via nutrition and exercise, whilst JonGabriel focuses more on the mindset using NLP techniques.

Here is what I suggest doing:

1. Create a goal for yourself, set a time limit for it's achievement, determine your reasons for wanting to change and then develop a plan. Write everything down and read it every morning and every night. Create as much emotion as possible.

2. Nutrition: Eat small meals often, have protein with every meal, don't cut out your carbs altogether but be aware of your source of carbs, i.e. have more fibrous carbs like, broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, etc (low-density), a moderate amount of fruit and starchy vegetables (medium-density), and a small amount of the high-density carbs like, bread, pasta, rice, cereals, etc. Drink plenty of clean, filtered water.

3. Exercise: Do 30 mins a day but don't worry about counting steps. Simply get active by doing something physical you enjoy, but do it every day- create the habit!

4. Supplementation: Use these for good overall health and to help speed up the process. They are certainly not magic pills but they can make a difference, i.e. glucose disposal agents if you have some degree of insulin resistance or thermogenics if you don't have any of the contra-indications. A good multi-vitamin and fish oils also help.

Good luck!

Steve.
Last edited by EvilWombatQueen on Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Advertising links are not allowed in signatures.
stevo1

Postby sev » Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:17 am

I got scummed into big marketing hype of Censored last year. I paid for their big marketing. There is nothing you don't know on the CD or Book. All the information most of us know already or on the internet everywhere; Have meat with no fat(proetien), no sugar. No human being can live that day. I've lasted 4days on only protein which i lost 1kg. I am sure that was water. Censored set is expensive and waste of a lot of money.

I am on Gabriel's Method. I have started losing weight eventhough a slow start; 1/2 kg in a week. However, i can apply it my whole life. I enjoy the food and also good for my health for now and in the future. To purchase the GM is peanuts compared to Censored. Ohh! By the way, i haven't done exercising yet, maybe that's why a slow weight loss. I'm going to start exercising soon.
sev

Postby karinita » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:55 pm

I have been practicing most of gabriel for 4 days (I watched vids and am busy with the book). I have lost 4kgs. I religiously have live food, omega3 and protein with each meal. I instantly stopped craving dead food and the night time hunger stopped instantly. Peopel talk about the food (stopping famine) but nobody mentions the other part (activating the lean programme). I imagine being chased by wild animals all day long. I wakes up a primal terror that stays for a while. I think that is why I am losing weight fast- my body is also getting the message it needs to be lean to survive.

I noticed that the weight is coming off in different places than it would normally.. its coming off in the problem places that I want to reshape. I have been doing the visualisations at night and whenever I remember my body. It does feel as if somethign has changed. I can almost feel my body screaming for nutrition..and those gnawing horrible cravings that remain no matter how much you gorge yourself with have gone completely.

I am an emotional eater and yesterday I ate emotionally, but made sure to supplement the "binge" - (which was no more than one muffin) with live food, omega3 and some protein. I still lost weight yesterday (not as much as other days)- even though the incident that made me binge made me feel that somethign would be taken from me (an experience jon argues can activate the fat programme).

I am going to buy the whey isolate and digestive enzymes today. I get very thirsty on some days and I have read this is normal.

so for all of you wondering if you can stick to this: make sure you eat the 3 staples, and dont forget to imagine having to run very fast for your life. I hear the noise, feel the urgency, see the jungle, smell the animal and feel it gaining and pouncing and missing me by a millimeter.
karinita

Postby cin83 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:47 pm

hi
i am new to this forum (and wish i had found it last year when i was trying to lose weight). I have had the GM book for a while and understand the principles, i did try the whole eating live foods but eventuallly lost interest. After reading this forum i am going to reread it and this time listen to the MP3 (probably my downfall in my last attempt) and do the visualising. I am 27yrs old and 91kg but should be around 60kg. Everytime i try something new i end up putting the weight back on and some more. I guess it is time for a whole lifestyle remake so i can enjoy running around with my children without feeling blah.

Thankyou for your contributions they are very encouraging.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wn4lz8Q/]
[/url]
cin83

Postby gogomama » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:40 pm

Hi everybody,
Hop we can keep this thread going because I have just read The Gabriel Method and started the visualisation last night. I thought it was wonderful, sent me to sleep like a baby. His approach really makes sense to me, and I'm so excited to begin. I'm hoping that I'm not loving his book because of laziness. I'm currently just finishing a 12 week body transformation that has had me on a restricted 1200 cal a day low carb diet with a pretty gruelling exercise routine 6 days a week, both cardio and weight training. I've stuck to it pretty well with only a few minor blowout - I think I have strong willpower because my family doesn't support me and sit around eating crap foods while I'm munging away on celery and cottage cheese. Anyway, I lost 6 kgs in 8 weeks and then for the last two weeks have put on 2 kgs, which has really pissed me off. So I've punished myself even more this week with double cadio sessions and guess what, no weight loss, no gain, but still no loss. So I'm really stuck and feeling pretty demoralised because I have worked really hard. Reading Jon's book was like a godsend to me. If I can just learn to love the body I have - I'm 5'4" and currently 75 kgs, then put his techniques into practise and get a result, I will be happier than a pig in mud! So today onward, no more punishing routines, but can't get my head around eating, still used to starving myelf. So good luck to all who are trying this approach, may the force be with you.:)
gogomama

Postby Robin » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:50 pm

Hi Gogomama, do not get angry with yourself.

Lots of thin people assume (wrongly) that if you would eat celery and cottage cheese (and not cheat and lie) you would have to lose weight - especially if you are doing lots of exercise. After all (they pontificate) people in Nazi camps lost lots of weight.

It is true that people on very low calorie diets (starvation) or low nutrient diets (malnutrition) do lose weight in the final stages before death - but surely the thinnies (many of whom cannot explain their thinness) do not expect we fatties to go through such torture or damge to our health?

Your body will allow an initial weight-loss, but after a short time (days or weeks) it will seek to restore the status quo. Beware diets which promise the loss of kilos in the first days or weeks - as this is what is happening.

The body then sees the continuing increase in exercise and reduction in food as a threat. It decides that it needs to protect itself as well as it can from "starvation".

Its first survival response is to hold onto every bit of weight it can by reducing the metabolic rate and feeling tired (which makes you want to rest - and thereby save energy). It will also crank up the hormones which stimulate hunger and cravings. This explains "plateaus" and "falling off the wagon".

If the "starvation" continues, the body begins to use fat and muscle to provide energy for the vital organs - especially the heart and brain (often the cause of death in people suffering from anorexia).

This explains why people who lose a lot of weight through "starvation" look terrible and often have trouble regaining muscle mass and tone. Eventually, "starvation" leads to the depletion of muscle and fat stores to the point where vital organs cannot be maintained and death follows soon after.

Unfortunately, every body is different, and finding the correct balance of calories, exercise, and nutrients is a personal exploration. What works for one person, will probably not work for their neighbour.

Make sure your body is receiving all the nutrients and calories it needs - preferably from fresh, healthy foods. Eat small high-nutrient meals throughout the day so you don't feel hunger or tiredness. Read Jon Gabriel's recommendations.

Exercise moderately. Short repeated runs interspersed with short recovery periods will increase your metabolic rate - and encourage your body to become stronger and fitter. For example - run for 100 metres then walk for 100. Repeat this for at least ten minutes. Also, build up muscle through weight-training. Muscle burns more calories - and looks better than flab.
Robin

Postby Truby » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:52 pm

Hi all

Just wanted to know if anyone has either The Living Goddess or The Morning Visualisation CD's already in MP3 format? We are not great with computers and can't work out how to do it. I hate using the bulky old CD player!

BTW - GM is fantastic.
Truby

Postby yeliz » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:01 am

censored IS A GOOD SALES, MARKETING SCAM!

DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON Censored!

I was very cautious when i went to book store to buy the CD & book as they were very expensive. Usually the case, if something has full of ads everywhere, usually i pay their ad money to sell the product and also make a quick money and run away approach applies to this type of hype.

Yes, i have fallen in to the trap of seeing a lady in awhite coat and Geoff Jowett as a personal trainer on their ads- i have bought it. i have followed the diet excatly what it says. I measured my body, picked a trouser to check the weight loss, weighed myself before starting the diet. I was basicly leaving on oats, lean beef and chicken. I hated, i had missed my fruit, some vegies etc. but i wanted lose the weight so followed as exactly what it said in the book and CD. Well! I put on weight. My trouser instead of becoming lose, i couldn't bottoned up my trousers! Stopped the diet! It says 6kg in first week. I put 3kg in first week. Geoff Jowett still does his ads, looking at him he talks like a conman. I had realised it before buying the product but still closed my eyes and brain )

I am opposite now; i am on Gabriel's method-having lots of fruit & vegies(which i like). I stopped having anything processed(ie.packet noodles, frozen lean cusine, supposly healthy frozen meals which contains maltodextrone, sweetners, additives, preservatives, name it all the poisons but no enough nutrients for body's need/to survive. I am losing some weight but hasn't been rapid. It's around half a kilo/ 1 pound a week. I am fine with that. All i want is a healthy life, no poisions, delicious meals and a good body and skin. And i prefer to keep the weight i lost instead of losing 6kg a week and then putting 14kg back.
yeliz

Postby gogomama » Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:09 pm

Hi all
Just jumped back on to give you an update on my experience so far with the GM. I absolutely love the CD. It has made me so relaxed, not just to sleep at night but during the day. Before, when I was training myself senseless, I never took a day off to sleep in or to sit in the sunshine. I was always looking for a way to move more. And getting more and more wound up about not losing enough weight. I was focused on weigh-in day (Wednesday) and my whole week was governed by what the scales said. Now I get up feeling fantastic. Peaceful and relaxed. Not only about weight loss but also about life in general. And I have no cravings. None at all. When I was restricted my diet, I kept wanting to eat stuff I couldn't. Now, I have no sugar or fast food craving at all. When I get offered junk food, I am annoyed. I am drinking lots of water, taking the supplements and eating live food as he recommends. Not all organic, because it's really expensive, but I don't eat hardly anything packaged at all. And I have dropped my exercise to 4 times a week. Yesterday, when I did my weight training session, I was amazed at the end of it that the weights actually felt light. Usually, I struggle at the end of a session and then push myself to finish. But this time, I breezed through the routine, I couldn't believe it!. I think having a few days rest a week and not stressing about it all has maybe given my body a bit more energy? Anyway whatever it is, I feel fantastic. I'm not cranky, or hungry. And I have lost 500gms this week, which is what I was losing on average doing the punishing exercise routine and diet. So I am stoked. This is something I could do everyday for the rest of my life and really do it easily. So far so good for this body. Good luck to you all.
gogomama

Postby Robin » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:49 pm

Congratulations Gogomama! (not on the weight loss, but on how much better you feel).

Keep on treating your body well (as per the GM suggestions) and you will have a much happier, healthier, and more peaceful life. A great Christmas present to yourself! :D :D
Robin

Postby gogomama » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:31 pm

Thanks a lot Robin. I appreciate your advice and support. I just hope this isn't me getting lazy because if it is could you please kick my butt :lol:
gogomama

Previous

Return to Ask the Mob