It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:32 am

Free Newsletter

electronic scales?

Got questions about weight loss? Ask the mob, they're sure to have the answers!

Moderator: Moderators

electronic scales?

Postby tvxd » Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:14 am

does anyone know how much these are and the cheapest places to buy one?
thanks
tvxd

Re: electronic scales?

Postby hysterical_oliver » Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:29 am

Cheaper is not necessarily better. I got mine from Woolies, cost $20 but they don't weigh consistently variations up to 800g. Tanita is probably one of the best brands you could look for.
14th September 2007 125kg
Current Weight 102kg
Goal Weight 60kg
hysterical_oliver

Postby GumBoots » Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:48 am

I brought some from big w, they are exactly the same as the ww ones without the ww sticker and half the price ;) I paid about $37 on special for mine and they measure body fat and water as well...
[/url]
GumBoots

Postby MagicGirl79 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:08 am

I got my orginal scales from Big W - I recall them not costing much, prob about $40, and they did body fat%, body water % and normal weight. They were great, but hubby broke them recently, I was so devastated!!!

But I've just bought another set from K-Mart. They're from the Living with Deborah Hutton range and they're really good too. They weigh consistently and I find that they weight they give me is the same as the ones I use at my WW meetings. They cost me about $60 on special (good time to buy is when K-Mart have their 25% off storewide sales) and they do body fat% & body water % as well. And they're programmable so you enter all the details for up to 10 people and it stores that info.
Cheers,
Kate
MagicGirl79

Postby GumBoots » Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:31 pm

MagicGirl79 wrote:I got my orginal scales from Big W - I recall them not costing much, prob about $40, and they did body fat%, body water % and normal weight. They were great, but hubby broke them recently, I was so devastated!!!

But I've just bought another set from K-Mart. They're from the Living with Deborah Hutton range and they're really good too. They weigh consistently and I find that they weight they give me is the same as the ones I use at my WW meetings. They cost me about $60 on special (good time to buy is when K-Mart have their 25% off storewide sales) and they do body fat% & body water % as well. And they're programmable so you enter all the details for up to 10 people and it stores that info.
I forgot to mention the ones I got from big w do that too.
[/url]
GumBoots

Return to Ask the Mob