It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:21 am

Free Newsletter

Really strong craving that i seem to be trying to justify

Got questions about weight loss? Ask the mob, they're sure to have the answers!

Moderator: Moderators

Really strong craving that i seem to be trying to justify

Postby Tarz » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:05 pm

I am currently having a real strong craving for a piece of chocolate. We have bars for sale in our office for $2 each. i haven't had one since starting my weighloss but have just sudden;y been hit with a craving for some. And dark chocolate even though i know its less moorish won't cut it, i know it.
I could have it and work really really hard tonight but i'm not sure if i will have time cos i have hockey training and its not going to be vigorous enough.
How much jogging would need to be done for one of those dairy milk bars do you think?
I have been thinking about the bars for the past hjour and it just isn't leaving my mind. i tried to eat some rockmelon but it couldn't satisfy me.
I hate cravings. I really really hate them :evil:
Tarz

Re: Really strong craving that i seem to be trying to justify

Postby Cac33 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:16 pm

Oh try to resist the temptation. You will feel so much better if you can resist it but if you can't its understandable considering you haven't had any since you started loosing weight.

Bit of info for you, according to calorie king.......a 75gm Dairy Milk Chocolate bar contains 395 calories/1650 kJ. To work that off you need to jog at 7km/hr for 45 mins.

Do they have any fun size bars? That way you can satisfy your craving without having too many calories.

Let me know how you go
Cass

SW: 108.3 (4Feb08)
CW: 96.1
GW: 70
Cac33

Postby matchbox » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:19 pm

or you could split one with someone :wink:

how about telling yourself you will have one tomorrow? if the craving hasn't passed - have one (or split it) or if it has passed, no need 2 worry :)

or just put them where u cant see them - out of sight, out of mind :wink:

hang in there chikki!!
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby Tarz » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:30 pm

I gave in :(

not happy at myself :x

I know i should get over it and move on but i'm still annoyed :(

Going for a walk now to get my mind of it then this afternoon when i get home from training i am doing my normal circuit twice. thats about 7km. i don't care if it means i am not going to bed till late. It's my own fault :(
That'll teach me to give in to temptations

:oops: really embarrassed and ashamed because i ate the whole 55gram bar and within 5 minutes :oops: . each time i finished a peice i automatically grabbed another peice. :oops: i thought i was stronger then that. that i had changed my habits. that if i did give in to temptation that i would eat slowly or a bit now more tomorrrow. but no i reverted back to my old habit AAAARRRGGGHHH!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :x :x :oops: :cry:

I'll get over it. If i complain that i haven't lost anyweight when i weigh in on Saturday SOMEONE PLEASE SMACK ME!!!!!! :!:
Tarz

Postby Cac33 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:34 pm

That's ok Tarz. You said this is the first time you have had it in ages & are going to exercise more to compensate. Don't be so hard on yourself :D

Tell me was it delicious??

I have just made myself a mint tea because now I want chocolate too but luckily I don't have any near me. I would have to walk 15 mins to the shop & 15 min back to get it & I can't be away from my desk for that long.
Cass

SW: 108.3 (4Feb08)
CW: 96.1
GW: 70
Cac33

Postby Tarz » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:54 pm

I really didn't enjoy it as much as i thought i would. it was really really sweet. the only thing i like about it is the texture how it melts in your mouth. Thats the other really annoying bit. i am gonna make myself do a heap of work for something i really didn't enjoy that much!!!
oh well. went for a quick power walk and made myself use the stairs to get in and out of the building. So glad i have perfume in my bag cos otherwise i feel sorry for my work collegues. (looks behind shoulder and shouts "sorry guys")
Tarz

Postby big_love » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:56 pm

Tarz wrote:I gave in :( I'll get over it. If i complain that i haven't lost anyweight when i weigh in on Saturday SOMEONE PLEASE SMACK ME!!!!!! :!:

I think Ali is the master smacker...lol
140/117/85
big_love

Postby ali76 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:23 pm

big_love wrote:
Tarz wrote:I gave in :( I'll get over it. If i complain that i haven't lost anyweight when i weigh in on Saturday SOMEONE PLEASE SMACK ME!!!!!! :!:

I think Ali is the master smacker...lol

Thats me!!! :mrgreen: :twisted: 8)
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Return to Ask the Mob