It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:36 pm

Free Newsletter

Help with maths required

Got questions about weight loss? Ask the mob, they're sure to have the answers!

Moderator: Moderators

Help with maths required

Postby nutzy » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:23 am

Yesterday I tried on size 10 clothing which fitted - I weighed in last week at 62.8kgs. Which makes me wonder if my goal weight - 55kgs means that I will be a size 8 and not the size 10 I originally thought I'd be. I can't remember what size I was when I last weighed 55kgs - 16+ years ago. How can you tell? I am 5 ft 2 and medium build.

The reason I ask is that I don't want to go and buy a lot of size 10 clothes if that is not going to be my final size. I already went and bought a lot of size 12 clothing recently on ebay thinking I'd be there for a good long while still, to suddenly find (within the space of a week :shock: ) that the size 12's were starting a gape and that I could fit comfortably into a size 10. I'm not complaining, mind. Hubby, who I thought would have a fit seeing I'd bought all these size 12 clothes on ebay, is absolutely thrilled that I can fit into a 10.

SW: 76kg (08/07)
CW: 60.2kg (21/05)
GW: 55kg

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/woT3JnX/]
[/url]
nutzy

Re: Help with maths required

Postby loveat116 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:00 am

nutzy wrote:Yesterday I tried on size 10 clothing which fitted - I weighed in last week at 62.8kgs. Which makes me wonder if my goal weight - 55kgs means that I will be a size 8 and not the size 10 I originally thought I'd be. I can't remember what size I was when I last weighed 55kgs - 16+ years ago. How can you tell? I am 5 ft 2 and medium build.

The reason I ask is that I don't want to go and buy a lot of size 10 clothes if that is not going to be my final size. I already went and bought a lot of size 12 clothing recently on ebay thinking I'd be there for a good long while still, to suddenly find (within the space of a week :shock: ) that the size 12's were starting a gape and that I could fit comfortably into a size 10. I'm not complaining, mind. Hubby, who I thought would have a fit seeing I'd bought all these size 12 clothes on ebay, is absolutely thrilled that I can fit into a 10.

It all depends on how your body is built.

I am around 55kg and 5'7", and GENERALLY I am a size 8, but you gotta give or take at a few stores.

I think there is approx 8kg to a clothing size, so its a good estimation that you would be a size 8 at 55kg.

A good idea is to have a treat for your goal weight, your treat could be a shopping spree for your new body! But its mega hard not buyng clothes for a while hah.
Starting Weight: 62kg Current Weight: 55.0kg Goal Weight: 54kg

Goal Reached 22 February 2008, Must get down to 54kg again!
loveat116

Return to Ask the Mob