It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:09 am

Free Newsletter

Confused....

Got questions about weight loss? Ask the mob, they're sure to have the answers!

Moderator: Moderators

Confused....

Postby Nat » Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:57 pm

Hello can anyone tell me how to work out how much:

Calories:
Protien:
Fat Total:
Sat:
Carb:
Sugars:
Fibre:

Per day???? I have nooooooo idea. I have looked at the Calorie King Website but they dont state all of them...... :oops:
Nat

Re: Confused....

Postby Cac33 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:16 pm

Sorry I'm not sure what you need for all of those. Also I'm not sure how you're going to keep track of all those things on a daily basis.

What I do is enter all my foods into calorie king website & use the calorie allowance they have suggested & then the website breaks it down to fats, protein, carbs & alcohol. I was told it should be about 20% fats, 20% protein & 60% carbs.
Not sure if that helps you but that's all I know
Cass

SW: 108.3 (4Feb08)
CW: 96.1
GW: 70
Cac33

Postby loveat116 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:46 am

To work out your calorie needs, there are heaps of calculators on the internet.
This is a good site http://www.hussmanfitness.org/bmrcalc.htm

Make sure you fill everything in and follow the prompts. Once you get your BMR, it will give you info on how many calories you should cut back to lose weight. Maybe start at a 20% reduciton or so.

Obviously your calorie needs will change once you lose weight, so maybe redo it after about 5kg.
Starting Weight: 62kg Current Weight: 55.0kg Goal Weight: 54kg

Goal Reached 22 February 2008, Must get down to 54kg again!
loveat116

Postby MagicGirl79 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:50 pm

Hi Nat,

Calorie King will tell you how many carbs, protein & fats you should be eating daily. To calculate these, you'll need to complete the personal profile which can be found under account settings.

On the diary page (where you enter the foods you've eaten) there is a preferences option at the top of the day. If you click this, you can choose which nutrients are displayed on your diary page. Then at the bottom of each day, the total carbs/protein/fats etc will be shown.

Calorie King doesn't give any indication for sugars and fibre, but I would think you should be able to find them on a nutrition website. Try googling daily recommended intake???

Hope this helps a bit?
Cheers,
Kate
MagicGirl79

Return to Ask the Mob