It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:37 am

Free Newsletter

What is the best way to stop cravings?

Got questions about weight loss? Ask the mob, they're sure to have the answers!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: What is the best way to stop cravings?

Postby Shalimar » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:56 am

I am lucky in that I have had no real cravings.
A few weeks back I had a craving for some chocolate so I had a Paradise Vive lite triple choc biscuit and that did the job. I was even able to walk straight passed the choccie (on special) in Woolies later that night :mrgreen: .

On the odd occasion I do have a craving I just have a little bit, sometimes I feel like potato crisps so I just have half a dozen or so and the craving is gone.
Perhaps I'm just lucky.

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby sherry40+ » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:00 pm

I was told that your brain sends a signal that you dehydrated but it comes out that you are hungry, so you have a glass of water and wait 15-20 minutes and if you were only dehydrated it will settle. But if you are still hungry then you have a lite snack. I have found that if I buy a "Optifast" snack bar and cut it up into squares and place it into a container in my bag, when I do have the cravings I can just have a square or two and that seems to be enough.

The comment by Tarz about the chocolate at work I totally understand, we have been fundraiser with the "freddo frogs" for the last 2 YEARS, right there in front of me at my desk. And as soon as I had a bad customer/phone call I would grab a frog and devour it without really wanting it, but thinking that it will MAKE ME FEEL BETTER, never did and just help whack the weight on. So sometimes you can't avoid the temptation but have to stop and think WHY you think you need it. Once I start thinking why I needed it, 9/10 times the want started to fade and something else came up and I was side tracked and forgot about the chocolate.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wV5w5se/]
[/url]
sherry40+

Postby michaeljames » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:08 pm

Ive definitely found lupin8 handy - I didnt even know I was eating it for a few weeks, because my wife didnt tell me. It seems a bit of an odd concept I know, but it seems to be working... The Cheeseburger fettish at 3pm isnt as strong as it used to be... does anyone know if there are any problems with including this product in my diet? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
michaeljames

Postby johnso » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:08 pm

Lupin8 doesn't work.. just a waste of hard earned money. michaeljames.. 1 post.. never spotted again.. strange all these '1' posters..
johnso

Postby luke » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:49 pm

Eat more, thats the best way to stop cravings, just got to eat the right things, high in protein, low in fat and low in carbs (given the choice i will take a high fat food (healthy fats) over a high carb food anytime). Just remember you still need some carbs so dont go nuts , i have one sandwich per day, 2 today but thats because my body was demanding another extra meal, thats about 6 meals a day im eating now and my bodyfat is dripping off and my lean muscle mass in constituently increasing meaning i burn more calories per day even when im sleeping.
luke

Previous

Return to Ask the Mob