It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:15 am

Free Newsletter

Anyone know anything about Fernwood, Haberfield?

Got questions about weight loss? Ask the mob, they're sure to have the answers!

Moderator: Moderators

Anyone know anything about Fernwood, Haberfield?

Postby MagicGirl79 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:58 pm

I know it's a long shot... but does anyone go to the Fernwood gym at Haberfield in Sydney? Or do you know someone who goes there?

We're moving to Burwood later this week and I will need to change gyms (I currently go to Fernwood, Rockdale). I love my gym at the moment and I'm really apprehensive about changing gyms. I have looked up the timetable for Haberfield on the net and it's really poor compared to my current gym. The earliest they have classes is 9:30am... no such thing as a 6 or 6:30 class for them.

Anyway, was just curious as to whether anyone had any info on this gym?

The other alternative available to me is to switch to Fitness First at North Strathfield. Anyone know anything about this gym? I've never been to Fitness First, so don't even know what their clubs are like.
Cheers,
Kate
MagicGirl79

Re: Anyone know anything about Fernwood, Haberfield?

Postby Tarz » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:38 pm

Wow you would not believe it but i was talking to a coworker this morning about those two exact gyms!!!!!
She used to go to fernwood in haberfield and has had a membership at fitness first. So i asked her about it again and this was her response to your choice:
Fernwood in haberfield not a very good one when it comes to classes. Apparently the room is really small and 10 people will be all you can fit. Also they focus more on yoga and pilates with very little step and body combat classes. They will know you, they are very friendly and will do there best to motivate you. So great choice if you don't want to do any group exercise just cardio on equipment.
FF in North Strathfield is a Kick as gym (her words) but you won't have the support from the instructors and workers and it does get really busy. You will have to wait for machines unless you are able to go in the non peak hours.

I hope that has helped, maybe try fernwood out because you can use your membership at any fernwood up to 24 times before signing it over and see if you can get a trial membership at FF to give it a go.
I hope this helps. She doesn't go to either anymore because she moved to Newtown and will be getting a membership at the fernwood in Rockdale where you are.
Tarz

Postby MagicGirl79 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:57 pm

Thanks for that Tarz... good to know. I'm a little disappointed about the lack of classes etc at Haberfield. I like to do classes when I get sick of doing the cardio machines, but I will go there for a couple of weeks to see if I like it.

Tell your workmate that Fernwood Rockdale is fabulous - I'm sure she will love it heaps if she liked Haberfield. And if she's looking for a PT tell her to go for Amanda. She's my old PT and she's fabulous, very supportive and will push you a lot.
Cheers,
Kate
MagicGirl79

Postby candycane » Thu May 01, 2008 2:59 pm

does neone know what the cost is for fernwood?
Goal: 65-67 kg <-------Ultimate Goal:
For now? No weighing for a few weeks...
candycane

Postby Tarz » Sun May 04, 2008 8:11 pm

Hi CC,
My membership is an opal one which costs $22 per week there are higher ones that include slimmers meeting and pt sessions but i just went for the basic. I joined when there was a promotion for no joinging fee otherwise it can cost $169 just to join so ask if they have any promotions on. I love my membership and can't wait to be back there tomorrow. Are you looking at joining fernwood or just any gym? try for trials to find the right gym for you. i like that its girls only at fernwood, never to busy, not intimidating and girls don't like the weights machines so its always free when i go there.
Tarz

Return to Ask the Mob