It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:43 pm

Free Newsletter

help me to lose weight

Got questions about weight loss? Ask the mob, they're sure to have the answers!

Moderator: Moderators

help me to lose weight

Postby pearce88 » Tue May 06, 2008 2:09 pm

Hello all
Im 18 years old and i beleive im overweight. Im 103 kilograms and around 6 foot 3 inches tall. I eat healthy meals and dont get takeout to much but it seems im putting on weight. I need some tips on how to lose weight and become more fit. What are some good excersises I can do to lose some weight around the backside area? If you dont mind please give me any tips on how to lose weight. How far would i have to walk each day to lose weight? How many minutes of excersise would i need to do each day to lose weight fast?

Thanks Heaps
pearce88

Re: help me to lose weight

Postby Chaypeta » Tue May 06, 2008 3:16 pm

Hey Pearce,

welcome to the group. If you're after god advice then you've come to the right place.

I personally believe one of the most important steps in weight maintenance is excercise. I'm not talking about going to the gym or taking taking up jogging although if you like those sort of activities by all means. the best form of excercise that is free and available to everyone is walking. Walking infact makes up the bulk of my excercise time (although i don't mind swimming or a bit of resistance work at the gym.) walking is excellent cardio which will help you to burn off excess fat but more importantly will improve your overall health and mental well being.

If you're not used to walking outside I would take it easy. Perhaps a fifteen minute walk or two around the block per day until you build up a bit of stamina and get your body back into gear. Don't worry about how you feel after those first few walks, your body is an amazing machine and will quickly adapt to a new fitness regeime as long as you don't try to over do it at the start.

When you are ready... few days/ few weeks depending on yourself, start to increase the distance you walk til you can easily manage half an hour and then go further still if you like. I personally walk for 1 hour 5 days a week covering approximatley 6 kilometres per walk. (NOTE: I started with walking 20 minutes and gradually built up.) Buying a pedometer to measure your distances and calorie burn is a handy tool to to give you some feedback on how you're doing. Try to walk at least half an hour at a good speed at least 5 times a week.

Secondly you need to look at your diet. Fruit and veges are a MUST! They are excellent sources of fibre, vitamens and natural sugars. Try to fill up and snack on fruit and veges and have a good portion of vegetables with your meals. make sure you eat a good breakfast composed of whole grain cereals such as vitabrits (my fav) to give you a nice even energy reserve to take you through to lunch time so that you don't feel like pigging out on the wrong stuff.

Finally I'm afraid you can't pick the spots where fat will dissappear. When you loose weight the fat comes off from all over your body, excercising or doing fancy things to your backside will not make it smaller then any other part of your body, it just doesn't work like that nomatter what the fad commercials say.

Good luck... remember if you can establish healthy habits now and stick to them then you'll be fit for life.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9otB50/]
[/url]

TERINU Australia's own Sci Fi Web Comic: http://www.terinu.com
Chaypeta

Return to Ask the Mob