It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:55 pm

Free Newsletter

Why do I have worse pimples :(

Got questions about weight loss? Ask the mob, they're sure to have the answers!

Moderator: Moderators

Why do I have worse pimples :(

Postby Cac33 » Thu May 15, 2008 10:38 am

Since I have been on this lifestyle change I have started to get really bad pimples & I don't understand why. I'm eating healthy, exercising a lot & drink about 2.5lts of water a day yet they just continue to get worse. :oops:

I cleanse, tone & moisturise morning & night. I've tried different products but nothing seems to work. I've also stopped wearing make up during the week to help improve it but it is just so bad & desperately want to cover it up. :roll:

Has anyone used pro-active? If so I would love to hear your feedback as I'm thinking of trying it next.

Has anyone else had this problem? My mum thinks it might be the toxins in my body are coming through my face since I have changed my eating, do you think this could be the case? Would it still be happening 3.5months after I started?

Thanks for your help :D
Cass

SW: 108.3 (4Feb08)
CW: 96.1
GW: 70
Cac33

Re: Why do I have worse pimples :(

Postby Czarina » Thu May 15, 2008 1:18 pm

I've been using Proactiv for quite a few months now, while it doesn't completely get rid my acne (I have had quite severe cystic acne for ten years, though!) it has improved it dramatically! At first I got a bit dry and rashy in spots, but then my skin got used to at and it worked wonderfully. I still get some dry patches, so I have to slather moisturiser on top. I say give it a go! :D
Czarina

Postby Cac33 » Thu May 15, 2008 3:02 pm

Thanks for your input Czarina! I think I will get proactiv when I get back from hols & give it a go. I'm willing to try anything at this stage!!
Cass

Cac33

Postby MelbGirl08 » Fri May 16, 2008 10:06 am

Hi there,

I think I posted about this issue once before, but I also suffer from acne and they tend to flare up whenever they bloody feel like! :D

I attack the problem both internally and externally by using the pill to control androgen production (Diane 35 ED) and by using Proactiv every day to cleanse my skin and keep the little buggers from appearing.

What's probably happening in your case is that you're going thru a detox stage where your body is clearing out all the impurities in your body and unfortunately, it would seem that its manifesting itself by making you break out, which is annoying, to say the least.
MelbGirl08

Postby Cac33 » Fri May 16, 2008 10:26 am

Hi MelbGirl

Thanks for your reply. I also changed to Juliet the pill (similar to the one you are using) about 9 months ago & it seemed to help a little after the first couple of months & then soon I changed my eating it has gotten worse. I'm also going off the pill after this month to get my periods again regularly before starting ttc later this year so I can't really use this as a long term solution.

I've decided to give proactiv a go when I get back from holidays so fingers crossed that might help.

Thanks again
Cass :)
Cass

Cac33

Return to Ask the Mob