It is currently Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:30 am

Free Newsletter

What do I do?

Got questions about weight loss? Ask the mob, they're sure to have the answers!

Moderator: Moderators

What do I do?

Postby GumBoots » Wed May 28, 2008 4:09 pm

I know this answer to this one already lol but I love charting my food and exercise with CK but am following WW and well by looking at my signature it is working for me but it always doEs my head in on CK when I am only half way threw my calories/fat & protein but going over with my carbs :( I didn't realize milk and fruit contained so many carbs. If I am losing weight healthily do you think I should closed down my CK page and just keep doing what I am doing Or should I be concerned about the carbs? EEKKK HELP...

Re: What do I do?

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed May 28, 2008 9:35 pm

Don't freak out about carbs so much! Unless you're on a low-carb diet I see absolutely no reason to become obsessive about carbs. Provided you're keeping under your calorie count and your Weight Watchers points you're absolutely fine!

Unless you're specifically following a low-carb diet carbs can be a good thing! They provide energy in the form of glycogen and fibre. It's only when they're over-processed that they can throw your blood sugar out of whack and can create empty calories (white bread and sugar for example).

If you're losing weight and feeling healthy and full of energy don't worry at all about your carbs. Not all diets are low carb diets. When it comes to CK and Weight Watchers it's really fat and calories that count, not carbs.

Postby SarahC » Thu May 29, 2008 3:06 pm

I agree, if you're losing weight and feeling healthy then why change things? Maybe when you're closer to goal, or hit a plateau, you might need look at making some changes.... but if it ain't broke don't fix it :wink:

If you do go down the low carb path, be aware, there's no going back. Well, that's my experience anyway. What happens once you cut back on carbs, you sensitize your body to them. So as soon as you try to up the carbs, bang, fluid retention city - it's not fun!!! The good points though are not being hungry because there's no blood sugar swings, and ditching the fluid weight, so it's not all bad lol.

Postby Athena » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:03 pm

I have a problem with low carb diets :twisted: . I know they work really well for some people but I think that cutting out an entire food group is a very dangerouse thing to do unless you KNOW your body can handle it. Gumboots, if you have found something that works for you the last thing you should do is change it to look like a more generalised modle.
It's times like these you learn to live again

Return to Ask the Mob