It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:42 pm

Free Newsletter

Pritikin

Got questions about weight loss? Ask the mob, they're sure to have the answers!

Moderator: Moderators

Pritikin

Postby James » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:09 pm

Has anyone ever followed the Pritikin method of dieting ?

James

Re: Pritikin

Postby James » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:19 am

I've read now two Pritikin principal books (both from my local library) and believe this is the lifestyle change of eating that I need.
It just makes a lot of sense and the life long health benefits are so many. The success stories of people turning life threatening diseases around are very inspirational.

I'm going to explore this a little further, the diet I've been on for the last 5 1/2 weeks if very close.

James

Postby Tibbuc » Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:55 pm

Some years ago I went on the Pritikin diet and lost a lot of weight. Of course it all went on again later, but I date the onset of my arthritis on being on the Pritikin program. I don't think that taken all fats and oils out of your diet is a good thing as our joint need some lubrication. Jon Gabriel spent time in the Pritikin clinic. If you read his book he explains what happened. I think that Jon has found to solution to all our problems.
Tibbuc
Tibbuc

Postby Strawberry » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:54 pm

no. what's the basis of the diet?
Strawberry

Postby James » Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:39 pm

Tibbuc wrote:Some years ago I went on the Pritikin diet and lost a lot of weight. Of course it all went on again later, but I date the onset of my arthritis on being on the Pritikin program. I don't think that taken all fats and oils out of your diet is a good thing as our joint need some lubrication. Jon Gabriel spent time in the Pritikin clinic. If you read his book he explains what happened. I think that Jon has found to solution to all our problems.
Tibbuc

You don't take out all oils and fat eating Pritikin.

Anyway different things work for different people. The weight is falling off me and I'm never hungry and I have never felt better in my life. It's not just about your weight, it's about changing your whole eating regime to live longer and hopefully avoid the "plague" like diseases that the west is suffering from our over abundance of foods high in fat.

James

Return to Ask the Mob