It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:52 pm

Free Newsletter

sureslim

Got questions about weight loss? Ask the mob, they're sure to have the answers!

Moderator: Moderators

sureslim

Postby big_boned » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:17 pm

I have used the Sureslim diet previously, lost a fair amount of weight & felt terrific, however I out it all back on & extra & am now past where I started. A friend of mine has recently asked to use my diet & for me to do it with her as we both have over 40kgs to lose, for me it's closer to 50.
My dilema is I don't particurly like this diet & have found it to be difficult to follow for the long haul, & let's face it we have to be in it for the long haul or we'll never lose it.
I am nearly 40 & promised myself I would be slim in my 30's - didn't happen.....my question is how do others feel about Sureslim & how do I get started on improving my life - I really want something that will at least start fast so I can feel better quicker, I have such a long way to go & don't want to upset my friend either.
Please help me make a life changing decision easier. :?
You'd have thought with all the practise I've had dieting, I would have gotten it rImageight.
big_boned

Re: sureslim

Postby Littlegirl » Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:41 pm

I tried the sureslim diet but i dont know if anything has changed with sureslim now but there were so many hours within the 3 meals a day that i couldnt snack at al and i found that just too difficult for me to accomplish. I still did the diet and did lose weight a few years ago (and piled it back on again too and more!), but i did not stick to the time frame and i found the seeds awful to consume and could not eat them even mixed with yoghurt i thought i would barf. I did however enjoy the fact that i could eat so much per day and with the right amount of foods and right foods i still lost weight even though i wasnt doing it 100% right and still had the occasional weekly choccie. I loved the fact that i could still eat cheese and certain bread etc etc

Littlegirl
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wNU4AQX/]
[/url]
Littlegirl

Postby jilliansmyhero » Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:28 pm

hehe i was about to start a thread today on sure slim verus dr cohens.
heres what ive heard and if u can add anything please do:
cohens:
is pretty set meals and that the only thing that changes between other people is your portion size.
sure slim:
i heard u have more 'allowed' foods,
that can plan ur meals around the foods u dont like.

question: what did a normal day look like on sureslim?
jilliansmyhero

Postby big_boned » Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:56 pm

For breakfast I used to grind the seeds including pepitas, sunflower, sesame. I'd make a smoothie using the daily yoghurt limit (natural only), some fruit from my allowance & including the ground seeds & flaxseed oil...........it took a bit of getting used - actually I agree, the seeds sucked big time - I felt like a budgie most mornings.
Lunch & dinner where about the same fish or chicken selected veges or salad, most of which were of the green variety. I didn't have beef included due to a high uric acid level, when it came down I was allowed to include beef. I can tell you grammage later. I was also on a moderate carb level which was either 4 x crackerbread/cruskits/ryvitas or 1x mountain bread.
I had to drink the usual 2 litres of water, black tea between meals & no chewing gum. You had to have an apple a day. You had to have a teaspoon of compressed extra virgin olive oil a day also. I found it very restrictive & lost 10kg in the first month, I had nearly lost 20kgs when I gave up & put all of it back on with an extra couple of kilos for good measure.....I just love food.
Of course you already know the 5 hour rule, meals had to be finished within 1 hour & no eating after 9pm.
I've decided to modify the diet to include all fruit & veges & see what happens.
You'd have thought with all the practise I've had dieting, I would have gotten it rImageight.
big_boned

Postby Joanne » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:26 pm

I did the sureslim diet too and lost 13kg but it is very restrictive and hard to maintain.

Unfortunately for me, I'm a very plain eater. I dont eat seafood of any kind, dont eat red meat and only really eat the straight forward fruits and vegies.

This meant that out of the list of allowable foods there were very few that I actually ate.

My breakfast was 185g natural yoghurt with strawberries (cant remember the weight)
My lunch was either 3 cruskits with low fat cheese & tomato or a salad with no dressing cos you werent allowed to have that
My tea was 125g of chicken or turkey, 120g of cauliflower and a certain amount of onion (cat remember that either sorry).

I couldnt have anymore than 75g of cheese or 1/2 a cup of milk a day and yeah, had to eat the apple. Also you have to start each meal with protein and do the 5 hours inbetween eating which was a pain if for some reason you had a late lunch because that meant you couldnt have tea for 5 hours later which sometimes meant I was having tea at 8pm.

I lost alot of weight fairly quickly but it just isnt sustainable. I've also put it all back on and more which is so disappointing but I just cant bring myself to go on that diet again. And to this day I still cant eat strawberries.

SW: 80.9 (July 10, 2008)
GW: 64
Joanne

Postby curvygirl » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:39 pm

Doesnt sound very nice or easy to stick to for the rest of your life if you want to loose and keep it off. I think there are better choices out there. :cry:
Need to get motivated.

Mini Goal - 10 Kilos lost 14th May Acheived 2nd May, Yahoo
1st goal - 100kg 5th July
2nd goal - 90kg 4th October
3rd goal - 85kg 15th November
4th goal - 80kg 20th December
5th goal - 70kg 3rd June 2011
curvygirl

Postby Littlegirl » Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:25 pm

yeah quite a few years ago after a huge sleep in, i didnt end up eating dinner till about 10pm the following night following the 5 hour rule! It's very hard to maintain i agree. The 5 hour rule i think i remember someone saying that after the 4th hour your body produces some hormone (gosh my memory is bad!) that helps u to lose weight? so hence the 5 hour rule. However i still lost weight on it, but in the end i just ate when i was hungry, and i certainley couldnt eat any of those seeds, i'd nearly baff on them each time i tried to eat them. Don't think i could ever give it a go again, too much fiddling around with weights per meal. But is has given me some tips about eating protein before your carbs.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wNU4AQX/]
[/url]
Littlegirl

Postby Senorita_Kimmy » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:53 pm

I had tried Cohens previously and lost about 30kg in 3 months. I stopped as it was playing up too much with my period. I have just started Sureslim last Monday and I have already lost 5kg. I am finding Sureslim to be a whole lot easier to follow. I am also a plain eater. I don't eat seafood, red meat or even cheese. With Cohens I had to eat cheese (which I hate) but with Sureslim I have opted to have it left out of my plan. And I looooove that I can still have bread on Sureslim. With Cohens I found the support was also very limited. Maybe not for others but I like the fact that I can meet with someone regularly. In other words, go sureslim :D
Senorita_Kimmy

Return to Ask the Mob