It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:40 pm

Free Newsletter

Green Tea

Got questions about weight loss? Ask the mob, they're sure to have the answers!

Moderator: Moderators

Green Tea

Postby Tarz » Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:54 pm

I have heard so much talk about how great green tea is i want to ask a quick question. Does it taste like normal tea or coffee? I can stand either and i keep hearing how great it is that i want to try it, but not if it tastes like the other stuff.
Also if it isn't great tasting is there anything you can do to change the taste without upping the calories?
Tarz

Re: Green Tea

Postby Cac33 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:06 pm

It doesn't taste like normal tea & definately not like coffee. Its a strange taste, its not super pleasant so I drink it quite weak & re-use the same tea bag for the day. Some people add sugar to it but not sure what thats like. Do you know anyone in your office that drinks it? You could have a try of theirs if not maybe go to your local asian shop & buy some from them as I find they have the best tea & usually very cheap.
Cass

SW: 108.3 (4Feb08)
CW: 96.1
GW: 70
Cac33

Postby Siana-leah » Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:22 pm

It has a light bitter taste....only they make them with different flavours...i like the vanilla flavoured one.
I only drink it for its benefits...not its taste
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wWJeIU2/]
[/url]
Siana-leah

Postby Tarz » Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:47 pm

Well i went up to Coles and i bought a pack of green tea and vanilla (no one in the office drinks it)
and the verdict....
GROSS! Nah can't do it, its horrible! smelt fine but i think its the whole hot water thing, i like my water cold! I got told to try and put a bit of honey in it, but no that didn't make any improvements. I think i will stick to my milkshake cup full of water.
now what to do with the other 9 packs of green tea....
Actualy - can you just chill tea after it has been made?
Tarz

Postby matchbox » Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:49 pm

hey tara sorry i'm no help, just wanted to say, i think the smell is bad enough without wanting to drink it :lol:
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby Cac33 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:54 pm

Yeah it doesn't have to be hot. I drink mine half boiling water, half cold water but quite often its cold by the time I finish drinking it.

Try making it then pop it in the fridge to cool. Can't hurt & you've got 9 more bags to waste!
Cass

Cac33

Postby matchbox » Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:10 pm

tara - sorry but i had to steal your little ticker!! it's WAY too cute!! :mrgreen:
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby SammyTurtle » Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:56 pm

I used to drink it often. I think my taste buds are now protesting as i'm not liking the taste anymore.

I'm not sure if i'm allowed post links to freebies here (please remove if i have done wrong), but i found this site that will send you a sample of green tea.

http://www.lipton.com.au/greentea/

Keep Smilng
SJ
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wJXoZ59/]

SammyTurtle

Postby ali76 » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:51 am

Tarz, Im the same and hate green tea (dont drink coffee but love my normal black tea!).

I really wanted the benefits of Green tea so bought capsules from a health store and take one in the morning with my vitamins :P

Maybe give this a go and see if it makes any difference??

xoxo
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:07 am

I LOVE green tea!

I think the trick is to start drinking it very, very weak. Just dip the teabag in and out super-fast. Gradually you'll acquire a taste for it and you'll be able to leave the tea-bag in longer.

Aldi has a line of flavoured green tea which takes the edge off the bitterness. You can get lemon or vanilla flavoured. The vanilla would probably be easier to drink if you're not used to the taste of green tea.

You can find quite a few recipes out there which include green tea (like this one). Maybe mixing it with other foods and/or drinks would help take the edge off.

And as Ali said, you could also try it in capsule or tablet form if you really cannot acquire a taste for it.

Good luck!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Strawberry » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:52 pm

when i started drinking green tea i had it weak & with honey - now i have it without the honey. on another thread there's talk of it aiding in weight loss which i had no idea about. Lipton make ice-green tea & there's a diet one out, u can always try that.
Strawberry

Postby Tarz » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:28 am

I decided yesterday to try it cold, i made it with half boiling water then half cold water then put it in the freezer to get colder, well i forgot about it, just pulled it out then, the mug broke too :oops: I'll try again but this time i'll put it into the fridge.
Tarz

Postby Cac33 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:36 am

hehehe yeah the fridge is probably a better idea.

Don't worry yesterday I did something similar. I put my sandwich in the toasting press then the phone rang & forgot about it. When i heard sizzling noise I ran back into the kitchen to see that the top of the press had been on it for so long it pushed all the cheese out :roll:
Cass

Cac33

Postby Athena » Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:20 pm

have you ever had ice tea? A friend gave me some last year and it's very nice, and if you don't like the hot water maybe it's the way to go. No idea where to get it from... Though for all I know it might be in every supermarket! I'm not much of a tea drinker so I just don't know.

The program I'm on, Mass Attack, has herbal teas as an optional extra to the nutrients. Maybe I'll get some with my next order...
It's times like these you learn to live again
Athena

Postby jaz87 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:48 pm

It took me a while to get used to green tea but now it tastes fine. Like slightly flavoured water... My fave is Green tea with Jasmine... slightly ironic considering my name :D
[/url]
jaz87

Next

Return to Ask the Mob