It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:54 am

Free Newsletter

Green Tea

Got questions about weight loss? Ask the mob, they're sure to have the answers!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Green Tea

Postby GoddessInside » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:53 pm

I love green tea !!
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby jessica86 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:28 pm

i drink white tea (not normal tea with milk, its called white tea)

its a less processed version of green tea, and i love it. has a very fruity taste, not strong at all. can get it from most supermarkets.

<3 jess
jessica86

Postby carinna » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:55 pm

Green tea is an acquired taste that I am still trying to acquire. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I'm really tryiong to like it coz I feel like a lot less hungry when I drink it. I don't know if that's one of the main benefits or just a byproduct of its taste making not want to eat. :P
*Check out my BEFORE and AFTER pics*:
http://www.carinna.wordpress.com
**Comments are always welcome!**
carinna

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:53 am

I was speaking to a woman yesterday who swore by powdered green tea. Unlike normal green tea where you soak the leaves and discard them, with powdered green tea you mix finely powdered green tea with boiling water and/or hot milk. This means you're ingesting the green tea leaves themselves. It's supposed to provide 30 times the benefits of a normal cup of green tea. I am SO getting myself a tin of this stuff! I'll let you all know how it tastes.

She told me a very interesting thing about green tea. It contains a chemical called L-theanine. This affects the alpha waves of the brain, resulting in relaxation but also greater concentration. I could certainly do with both of those things!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby annika baby » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:05 pm

I like green tea best iced with splenda and a bit of lemon. Also, if you want the benefits of the antioxidants in green tea but don't like the taste, you could mix it with other types of tea to make iced tea.
annika baby

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:16 pm

I finally bought some powdered green tea today. It's great! I have it with stevia (a natural no-calorie sweetener you can get at health food shops) and soy milk. It's a little like a green chai tea that way. I'm really enjoying it. I just hope I don't go through it too quickly because it's bloody expensive!
EvilWombatQueen

Previous

Return to Ask the Mob