It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:27 pm

Free Newsletter

Munching in the food court suggestions

Got questions about weight loss? Ask the mob, they're sure to have the answers!

Moderator: Moderators

Munching in the food court suggestions

Postby Tarz » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:11 pm

Hi all, tonight i am doing a desperate dash to find shoes for the wedding this weekend (and at this rate i will be going barefoot) I plan to have a shake before i go and have something small for dinner when i get home. Only problem is - when my FH wants to have dinner (most likey Indian) we will get him a plate of it and sit down whilst he eats. This is usualy followed by me picking at his food, or getting a curry puff to munch on, or if he gets oportos i will get chips for myself. I don't want to have a full meal but i want to have something to pick at. What is something i could get myself instead. Fruit just won't cut it (plus i would have had my 2 pieces of fruit by then) I was thinking a small salad, but they are always drenched in vinegarette or dressing which doesn't make them healthy anymore. Any thoughts?
Tarz

Re: Munching in the food court suggestions

Postby sassi » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:24 pm

if you go to oporto what about the nuggets? they're a small serve & i just checked on CK & it's only 112 cals for 3 of them.

are you a sushi-eater? maybe a couple of small pieces of sushi? or some miso soup (even better!)
sassi

Postby hippy_shake » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:02 pm

Yeah I'd definately say go the sushi!! MM they are so yum....and now I'm craving it again :P

You could always ask for the dressing on the side with the salads? Or there's good ol' faithful subway if you're into that?

Hope you find some lovely shoes tonight

:) Jane
Jane :)

SW:80- 21/05/08
CW:68.5
GW:60

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w6qtd3I/]
hippy_shake

Postby Tarz » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:13 pm

i'm not a fan of sushi (i don't eat fish) and i have tried the chicken ones i felt eek afterwards. I don't think 3 nuggets would keep me occupied for long. and Subway is too filling, i have something at home for dinner already so only want something snacky. Miso soup sounds good - mainlky liquid, will take me a while and can't have too many calories in it. Might give that a go.
Thanks girls for your ideas.
Any more will be appreciated - i like variety 8)
Tarz

Postby Cac33 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:33 pm

What I would have is a boost juice. Healthy & takes ages to get through. Maybe just go for a small one if you've already had your 2 pieces of fruit.

Avoid the curry puff if you can
Cass

SW: 108.3 (4Feb08)
CW: 96.1
GW: 70
Cac33

Postby sassi » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:42 pm

i think miso, with tofu is under 100 for a 250ml cup. which is pretty good i reckon.

the other thing i do is have a skinny cappucino if i'm hungry but don't want a meal...but if i'm really hungry, i have to have savoury!

i'm trying to think what else is usually in foodcourts!

a salad would be nice but i know what you mean about them being drenched in dressing or just generally unhealthy anyways!
sassi

Postby SarahC » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:17 am

Boost juice have the Slim Secrets bars, they are delicious, particuarly with a coffee :D
SarahC

Postby Strawberry » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:38 pm

how did u go?

I usually get a regular skinny latte - it takes me ages 2 drink.
Salads you can always ask for no dressing.
subway & sandwich shops makes salads too

i avoid food crts. out of sight out of mind. it does make it harder when you have a partner who wants 2 eat.
Strawberry

Postby sarahloveshoes » Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:49 pm

You can get lots of things, Subway sandwhiches or salads, Sushi, You can ask for no dressing, you can get salads from maccas, if theres any asian restaurants in the food court u can get soups and broths, if theres any roast places id get a baked potato and the healthiest topping u can choose. Its easier for me cus my food court has a lot of health options, if yours doesnt thats really unfortunate and unfair, this is why Australia is so huge. :?

Never eat more than you can lift. - Miss Piggy

sarahloveshoes

Return to Ask the Mob