It is currently Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:48 pm

Free Newsletter

Sore ankle after running

Got questions about weight loss? Ask the mob, they're sure to have the answers!

Moderator: Moderators

Sore ankle after running

Postby Cac33 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:47 am

On Saturday I went for a run (4kms) then walked back the other 4kms. During both running & walking I didn't experience any pain just a niggling feeling in my right knee as I twisted it a week ago but then when I woke up yesterday (Sunday) it was very tender & hurt to walk on. Today when I woke up it is very swollen & looks slightly bruised & is very painful to walk on. It's my right foot & it hurts on the upper outer side near the ball bone (do you know where I'm talking about??). I feel sharp pains when I walk so I don't think it is DOMS.

So my question is why does it hurt now & not when I was running? Could it be that I didn't stretch it? If so how can I stretch that area? The only thing I could think is point your toe then turn inwards. Last question do I ice it or do I put a heat pack on? I'll have to dig out the voltarent gel because its way too painful.

Any advise or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

SW: 108.3 (4Feb08)
CW: 96.1
GW: 70

Re: Sore ankle after running

Postby Jisgone » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:37 pm

it sounds to be like a muscle injury... its like when you do a weighs session at the gym, it doesnt hurt until the next morning
the pain is the muscle rebuilding itself after youve torn the muscle fibres
if its not better or 3 or so days it might be worth a physio visit to see if it can be sorted out with some stretches and things :)

hope it gets better soon!

Re: Sore ankle after running

Postby meegs » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:28 pm

I can't give you any idea of what it could be... I just wanted to say that I hope you feel better soon.

Return to Ask the Mob