It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:39 pm

Free Newsletter

Weight Increasing

Got questions about weight loss? Ask the mob, they're sure to have the answers!

Moderator: Moderators

Weight Increasing

Postby marshal » Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:53 pm

People who will read this question will feel that I am a sparrow. I really don't have much food while having my lunch. This is because I hardly have anything for lunch. My main problem is dinner. I loev stuffs like burger and sandwiches full of cheese. Thi is simply irresistable. Can anyone please tell me why my weight is increasing. Even though I have heavy dinners, it is counteracted by the meagre lunch items that I have.
Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being, and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity. ~World Health Organization
Read reviews on famous weight loss products like wu-yi tea, proactol and hoodia gordonii plus.
marshal

Re: Weight Increasing

Postby Mandie » Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:58 pm

it doesn't matter when you eat, it matters what you eat and how much. if you eat heaps for dinner (particularly calorie dense foods like cheese and lots of bread!) and you don't exercise, you are probably still taking in more calories than you are burning off- hence gaining weight. you need to look at what you eat and how much, get a rough guide to the calories, sugar and fat content and start trying to make it a more sensible eating routine if you want to lose weight. good luck!
Mandie

Postby Rosie Peters » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:40 pm

It actually does matter when you eat. It is important to eat plenty of complex carbs and protein for breakfast within an hour of waking up, have a decent lunch and a small dinner. Eat healthy snacks between meals. If you eat most of your food in the evening, your body will tend to store it because you are not expending it in energy. If you eat well at the start of the day, you will have plenty of energy and far fewer cravings throughout the day. The proportion of carbs to protein to fats you should eat depends on your body type - endomorph, ectomorph or mesomorph. Have a look at this site to find out about your body type and how to feed and exercise it [http://www.lose-fat-get-fit.com/somatotypes.html] :)
Rosie Peters

Postby weightlosscoach » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:14 pm

I agree with Rosie. It does matter when you eat and also what you eat.
Just remember to keep your protein levels higher than your carbs and drink lots of water in order to keep the balance. Everything is balance!

The cravings you are having at dinner time are a direct reflection of the lack of nutrients you are placing in your body earlier in the day.

Try a healthy meal in the morning, a protein snack for morning tea, a protein filled lunch, a healthy afternoon snack and then a colourful, healthy dinner. Portion size of your lean meat should be the size of your fist. Portion size is where most of us go wrong

Happy eating
weightlosscoach

Postby Mandie » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:01 pm

There is actually little evidence to suggest that people lose weight faster by eating more or less at different times of the day. The consistent findings in research are that people lose weight but eating overall less calories than they burn off, and that by eating healthy portions of foods, and exercising, people can lose weight. People can lose weight by eating a little lunch and a bigger dinner as long as neither meal is overboard. The reason why most people recommend a bigger breakfast/lunch is that it should keep you fuller for longer, otherwise you might be inclined to snack excessively.

Also, studies have not shown a difference in weight loss between participants who ate lots of carbs vs lots of protein - as long as the calories and fat are controlled, and regular exercise was undertaken, they experienced the same weight loss. It's all about what works for you - there is no point embarking on an Atkins style diet when you love pasta and rice and hate meat - you will never stick to it! You need to find a way of being healthy while still finding it relatively easy to stick to - if it's really hard to stick to, chances are you will fall off the wagon and pile the weight back on - often with interest!
Mandie

Return to Ask the Mob