It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:08 pm

Free Newsletter

Carbs

Got questions about weight loss? Ask the mob, they're sure to have the answers!

Moderator: Moderators

Carbs

Postby SubiGirl » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:44 pm

So I'm on day 3 of Kate Morgan and going really well, except I have to go out for dinner tonight and am wondering...how bad is it for me to have carbs? Obviously i'm not going to have deep fried chips or anything, but this place does some nice healthy turkish burgers or even a casserole with potato in it.

I gym 3 nights a week so it's not like i wont burn it off but was just curious anyway.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wl6GPO5/]
[/url]
SubiGirl

Re: Carbs

Postby Rosie Peters » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:03 pm

If you stay away from simple carbs (eg sugar and white flour items) and have a small portion of good quality bread, pasta, rice or other grains you should not have cause to worry. A small to medium serve of potato is no problem either (depending on what's in/on it). If you load up on carbs you will probably see a little weight flare up tomorrow, but if this is a one off meal (like a once a week "cheat meal") then just enjoy it. Your weight will fluctuate all the time - but be on a definite downward trend if you are dieting and exercising for weight loss - the key is not to panic and give up - just expect some variation. :). I had my once a week cheat meal a couple of hours ago - Italian style pizza. My weight will be up tomorrow (probably about 0.3kg) but back down by Sat.

Have a nice night out!
Rosie Peters

Re: Carbs

Postby SubiGirl » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:05 am

Thanks Rosie! We went to this Irish pub that I love, the meals are always great but last time I went I was really disappointed with my meal so we thought we'd give them another shot. So I ordered a lamb shank with veges and mash, it came out SWIMMING in this watery tomato sauce and the mash had just dissolved in it! So granted I didn't eat much haha! Did a sneak weigh at the gym last night and have lost half a kilo since tuesday so am happy with that, probably would have lost more if I hadn't of had a huge feed of mash, meat and icecream the nigth before I started.

Did some research on Calorie King which has helped too.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wl6GPO5/]
[/url]
SubiGirl

Return to Ask the Mob