It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:02 am

Free Newsletter

loose skin & stretch marks

Got questions about weight loss? Ask the mob, they're sure to have the answers!

Moderator: Moderators

loose skin & stretch marks

Postby ddx » Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:45 pm

heres my info: well im 18 years old and i was overweight for about 4-5 years, at one point being 105 kg.
lost about 34 kg over a period of 1 and a half or so years. i lost weight reallly fast sometimes, like 5 kg per 2 weeks.. i sort ofstarved myself sometimes eating 800~1000 calories daily (i still eat 1000~1500 now depending if im hungry or not) and NOW i have loose skin all over.. neck, face (sort of), thighs, forearms, arms, back... you name it. it feels terrible and quite uncomfortable.

is there a way to get rid of loose skin & stretch marks without resorting to plastic surgery? any exercises in particular? all i have to work with are dumbbells. do exercises such as walking and running help much? any feedback is appreciated. :mrgreen:
ddx

Re: loose skin & stretch marks

Postby ddx » Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:46 pm

to add more info.. i think i have loose skin due to the fact that i hadn't exercised a lot/lost weight a bit too fast..

thx
ddx

Postby Misstoodles » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:38 pm

Yeah I agree with you about having lost weight perhaps a bit fast. My story is damn similar (age, how long I was overweight for, weight and such) except that I've lost about 25 kilo a couple of years ago. I've pretty much kept it off since, fluctuating a few kg here and there. My skin has tightened up -a lot-, I think because it took a while for my skin to adjust to my body's new size.

Having said all that though, I haven't lost the extra 10ish you have, so I don't know what difference that would make to my skin.

BUT, it's a good example that skin can bounce back a little over time (probably also because we're young). Staying well and truly hydrated through-out weight loss and afterwards is essential though.

As far as stretch-marks go, I still have mine and always will, but they have faded away to my skin-tone. I'm going to find out this summer whether or not having a tan will make them stand out, or if I'll be too happy with how the tan hides all the other flaws that I won't care too much :P If you want to try something to accelerate the fading, then apparently using vitimin E creams daily is helpful. I've done this but think the fading was more due to time and staying a lighter weight.

Anyways! Goodluck with all of this. :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFyKFbn/]
[/url]
Misstoodles

Postby ddx » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:53 am

thanks for the reply! you've given me something to look forward to. :D
ddx

Postby Sas » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:56 pm

Not sure about the loose skin but as for stretch marks... I put on about 10kg very quickly when I was 18 and got ugly stretch marks. They have faded but are still there... I found rubbing rose hip oil into them helped them fade a little.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wCSA5VJ/]
Sas

Postby MitchD » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:47 pm

I have lost 37kg over a period of ~2 years (so overall relativly slow) and don't have issues with loose skin. As for stretch marks I have quite a few (a lot of my weight went on quickly) but it is something to live with.
MitchD

Postby Stars Go Blue » Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:09 pm

Has anyone ever tried any kind of body firming lotion for loose skin? If so, did that work?
SW: 85
CW: 58.5
GW: 55
Stars Go Blue

Return to Ask the Mob