It is currently Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:26 am

Free Newsletter

Flabby skin after 2 babies?

Got questions about weight loss? Ask the mob, they're sure to have the answers!

Moderator: Moderators

Flabby skin after 2 babies?

Postby 2bubs4us » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:09 pm

I have what looks like a apron of skin that hangs over my undies and i get a bad muffin top when wearing pants due to it, do i would like to know what i can do to help lose this..?

I have torn tummy muscles from the birth of DS#2, so this mightn't help. But even before both kids i have always had a slight muffin top. (fat i guess?)

So what can i do to help lose this?
SW: 84.9kgs
CW: 84.9Kgs
Aim weight by Xmas: 76.6

Re: Flabby skin after 2 babies?

Postby mummy » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:28 am

Hi 2bubs4us
I have the same thing. I was once trim but even after my first - twins at 21yrs old i was left with the apron. Funny we're not the only ones who call it that 'cause they use to call a tummy tuck an apronectomy! ha ha.
Another 9 babies later and as you can imagine there is no improvement. Losing weight doesn't seem to be the answer.
I'm currently 72kgs and 12 months ago I got down to 62kgs but the apron of skin was still there. I think the only answer is surgery where they would also repair the separated muscle. I have enquired about this and while about half of it is claimable back from Medicare (if you're in Australia) due to the separated muscles being attributed to childbirth, the other half is not. Costing around $14,000 (in Australia) that means $7000 out of pocket and unfortunately I just don't have that kind of money at the moment, but as soon as I do it's at the top of my list.
I guess exercise would help and I do try to walk lots (sucking my tummy in the whole time) but with my brood I simply don't have the time or the money to do the gym thing.
If I were you and I had the money, assuming you've finished having babies, I'd go for the tummy tuck. I have a friend who had it done with great results.
Good luck.

Return to Ask the Mob