It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:19 am

Free Newsletter

Me & my girlfriend's belly fat

Got questions about weight loss? Ask the mob, they're sure to have the answers!

Moderator: Moderators

Me & my girlfriend's belly fat

Postby JohnClay » Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:56 pm

Hi, my girlfriend said it was ok to put her image on the internet though I didn't specifically ask her if I could put her picture on these forums. I hope it's ok with you all.

I'm 183cm (6") and had been 70kg in my early to mid 20's then due to some medication went past 90kg in about 6 weeks and am currently about 82 kg.
She is 176cm (5"9') and used to be skinny as a girl but is now about 70 something kg.

I've read a little stuff on the internet about cortisol, stress and belly fat. I've also read that you can't just target fat by doing exercises like sit-ups/crunches.

I'm wondering why this girl doesn't have big hips, thighs or butt... just a big belly. She hasn't told me that she is pregnant or something worse. (so I don't think she is)
For me I've got a belly and man-boobs though loose clothing hides it.
In the first pic, her belly is quite noticeable.
ImageImage
In the second pic, taken a week later, she has thin legs
ImageImage

Sorry if I seem so insensitive about this.... but she has said a few times that she is concerned about her weight (even though it isn't extreme) and wants to do something such as eat less, walk, and situps...
JohnClay

Re: Me & my girlfriend's belly fat

Postby lucyd » Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:58 am

Hi Some people just tend to accumulate fat in one body part and not in the other. There's nothing strange about it. It's just genetics.
lucyd

Re: Me & my girlfriend's belly fat

Postby JohnClay » Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:36 pm

Thanks!
BTW, I found this:
http://carsonspost.wordpress.com/2007/1 ... -you-want/
I think my girlfriend has a "goblet" body type.
JohnClay

Return to Ask the Mob