It is currently Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:57 am

Free Newsletter

resistance training

Got questions about weight loss? Ask the mob, they're sure to have the answers!

Moderator: Moderators

resistance training

Postby Skinnydude » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:51 pm

Im 6 ft 2 and was 98g. Iv started to take my body seriously and atm I have got myself down to 87kg which im happy with but would still like to lose more. I have been doing resistance training as well as I understand this helps in the burning of calories because the more muscle you have the more calories you use per day. Now on days when I have planned to do reistance training I have been eating a lot more mostly protein in an attempt to help build that muscle. Then on days when I focus on cardio I lower my calorie intake. My question is, should I be upping my calorie intake on resistance days to build more muscle or will this just counteract my aim of losing my stored fat?

Re: resistance training

Postby warriorsgirl » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:43 am

Body Builders will, after a vigorous resistance training workout, consume protein to help rebuild the muscle... So it could be a good thing, but Im not sure of the overall affects.

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:22 pm

Your current program of eating more protein on resistance days is a good one. If you are eating a protein source with few carbs in it then your body will have troubles converting it into fat anyway so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Postby Etch » Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:44 pm

Resistance training is essential to weight loos. Not only does it tone your body it increases your metabolism for several hours after your workout. So you continue to burn calories after you've finsihed as well.

For want of a nail, the horse was not shoed.
For want of a horse, the message was not delivered.
Because the message was not delivered, the war was lost.

Return to Ask the Mob