It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:51 pm

Free Newsletter

Can I still have chocolate?

Got questions about weight loss? Ask the mob, they're sure to have the answers!

Moderator: Moderators

Can I still have chocolate?

Postby Michelle23 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:43 am

Hi,

I have just started yesterday and I have been really good, but I'm worried I will fail because I will miss chocolate sooooo much. Is it ok to have a chocolate a day like a caranello koala or something, or does someone have a suggestion to overcome this addiction?
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w6RaUn4/]
[/url]
Michelle23

Re: Can I still have chocolate?

Postby thunderthighs » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:57 am

I make sure I still let myself have chocolate, because I am the sort of person who binges if i abstain completely.

Maybe every 2 or 3 days, have a caramello or a freddo frog. But make sure you just buy the one. That removes the temptation to eat more and more of them. As long as you factor it into your daily calories / points / whatever system you are using, it should be fine.

I sit down with one and really really enjoy it. Then I've have my chocolate fix, and I'm good to go!
SW: 79.1
GW: 64 (top of healthy weight range)
Ultimate GW: 59.9

Doing it for me, this time.

thunderthighs

Postby Shalimar » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:16 am

I have lost almost 90 kilos and I allow myself 100-150 cals for a treat at the end of each day.
I usually opt for chocolate but sometimes I have a small packet of chips (under 100 cal pack). If I can't decide which one I want I halve both the chocolate and chips and have a bit of each.

Some people may argue it isn't healthy but I argue it's far more healthier than binging on a huge packet of chips and a family block of chocolate :wink: .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby fi_112 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:34 am

Yes, you can. Did you see on Biggest Loser last night, a tiny milky way only has 63 calories?
However, don't buy blocks or anything like that, and try and be good most of the time. I am a chockie addict too and a dessert addict but I found that (in winter) having a hot chocolate after dinner was sufficient. I found this hot chockie powder that was only 40 calories a serve which was very exciting :) it's in a blue tin.
Other things like frozen yoghurt or fruit can be good chockie replacements too.
Good luck, you will NOT fail :)
To wish you were someone else is to waste the person you are
fi_112

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:13 am

There are three options for you if you still want to have chocolate:

1. Smaller portions. As Fi pointed out a small bar of chocolate like a Milky Way has very few calories. If you can ration your chocolate and allow yourself just a small Milky Way or a Freddo Frog (a small one, not a huge one!) once per day you'll be fine.

2. Dark chocolate. If you find milk chocolate too 'more-ish' to settle at a Milky Way then buying dark chocolate might be a better alternative. The taste is so strong you don't want to eat a whole block at once. And if you buy quality Belgian dark chocolate not only is the taste amazing, but you won't be able to afford to binge on it because it's so damned expensive!

3. Chocolate alternatives. There are low-fat hot chocolate products available in most supermarkets. Next time you have a craving for chocolate give one a try. Many people find it satisfies their cravings with a fraction of the calories and fat of real chocolate.

Good luck!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Etch » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:57 pm

The journey is about learning to take the good with the bad. Just be reasonable with the amount you have and you should eb fine.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wsmzwGz/]
[/url]

For want of a nail, the horse was not shoed.
For want of a horse, the message was not delivered.
Because the message was not delivered, the war was lost.
Etch

Postby court » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:29 pm

I agree with everyone who has written on here - if you CAN stop at one. i.e. If you buy a whole pack of mini Milky Ways and eat the whole bag then it defeats the purpose of buying them in the first place.
I also love chocolate - so i prefer to not have it in the house altogether - because if it is there i wont be able to stop at one! And if it isnt there i dont feel myself trying to justify having JUST ONE more ;)
Good Luck. A low cal choc drink like the Jarrah ones is a good substitute - and what EWQ is talking about with buying dark chocolate definitely works! You cant eat much of the organic 70% stuff!!!
court

Postby Carley » Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:59 pm

Shalimar wrote:I have lost almost 90 kilos and I allow myself 100-150 cals for a treat at the end of each day.
I usually opt for chocolate but sometimes I have a small packet of chips (under 100 cal pack). If I can't decide which one I want I halve both the chocolate and chips and have a bit of each.

Some people may argue it isn't healthy but I argue it's far more healthier than binging on a huge packet of chips and a family block of chocolate :wink: .

This is exactly what I do, and when I have chocolate I only buy one frog...can't binge on a frog! :oops:
Goal for 2016:
Current weight: 94 kilos
Starting weight: 102.5 kilos
Goal #1: 92 kilos
Carley

Return to Ask the Mob