It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:01 pm

Free Newsletter

bad days

Got questions about weight loss? Ask the mob, they're sure to have the answers!

Moderator: Moderators

bad days

Postby Skinnydude » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:01 pm

i was curious as to how some of you ppl handle those really bad days. i had a hell depressing week as a result of some nasty things my friend says to my face inadvertantly callin me ugly and stuff. which kills cos i lost 15kgs and was feeling really good. officially classify as normal weight yay me, but it makes the effort feel like a waste and that if im perceived like that i may as well be fat. so i splurged out and bought a box of chocolates, coke, chips, and went hard with all that and milk. i know its bad and i know that we shood control these urges but when ya have bad days its near impossible. so how do u guys deal with these days as im more than likely gonna have some more in the next week?
Skinnydude

Re: bad days

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:51 pm

It may be a cliche but going for a walk can help (if you have the time). Fresh air and exercise can help distract you from your current worries. Plus it puts you in a neutral environment that has nothing to do with your original upset. Personally if I'm really stressed I try to run for sections of my walk to burn off some of those emotions.

I'm sorry to hear your friend called you ugly. That's a really, really mean thing to say. Is it possible your friend has a few issues that he or she is projecting onto you? I can't imagine a true friend saying something like that, even inadvertently. I've had 'friends' say cruel things in the past and in hindsight I've realised it's said more about their own insecurities than how they honestly saw me.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby kristal » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:11 pm

What a horrible friend! To be honest, if I had a friend that brought me down like that and wasn't 100% supportive of me, I would cut them out of my life - you certainly don't need people like that around you.

If I have a bad day (which I did on Monday due to receiving some sad and worrying family news), I tend to drink wine! Bad I know, but wine has always been my weakness and it makes me feel good at the time. The other bad thing - I love nothing better than to watch a movie in bed with a glass of wine! I am a bit strange but completely relaxing.

So, instead of having a whole bottle of wine (which I used to do), I try to limit myself to 2 glasses and drink them really slowly, then get up the following morning, plug in the ipod and walk it off.

If you have a really bad day and feel you need to splurge to make yourself feel better - just eat half of whatever it is you buy. I know it is really really hard, but you are still getting the taste, but not totally losing it. Just have 2 or 3 little choccies and cut yourself off. If I feel I am going to eat more, I throw it in the bin (or in my case, tip it down the sink) - wasteful, but at least it keeps me on track to a degree.

Good luck with it - please don't take too much notice of this "so-called friend" she is not worth the worry and obviously has EXTREMELY low self esteem herself to feel the need to put another person down.
SW - 71 kg
CW - 65 kg
GW - 58 kg
Weight Loss so Far = 6kgs
Weight to go = 7kgs
kristal

Postby Skinnydude » Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:44 pm

wow i think uz are right. cos when i was obese nothing was ever said bad about me. its weird it seems like iv lost more friends by simply losing weight. when i was obese evry1 was my friend well not evry1 but had a lot of them, now im normal weight i get dished up crap, and some of those friends only want me on a limited basis, which is weird cos evrything else about me is the same like my personality and stuff
Skinnydude

Postby MissSonia » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:01 pm

When you're overweight, you're not seen as competition. Sad, but true.
MissSonia

Postby Etch » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:38 pm

Dont know what to say. Im a guy, and generally guys dont eat there emotions.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wsmzwGz/]
[/url]

For want of a nail, the horse was not shoed.
For want of a horse, the message was not delivered.
Because the message was not delivered, the war was lost.
Etch

Return to Ask the Mob