It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:13 am

Free Newsletter

have you ever...

Got questions about weight loss? Ask the mob, they're sure to have the answers!

Moderator: Moderators

have you ever...

Postby sarahm » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:15 pm

hi sorry everyone its me again. hope this isnt a sillyquestion.. i weighed 105kg several weeks ago . now i weigh about 97kg. yet- no one has really noticed yet. i dont really feel any lighter. and my clothes fit the same. what is going on?? i know i have about 25kgs more to lose but anyway...what do you guys think??? :?:
sarahm

Re: have you ever...

Postby Etch » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:36 pm

Water weight. Food/water that may have been in your system when you first weighted in. Urine/poo that was in your system.

To get an accurate weight weigh your self in the morning before you eat anything and after you have used the toilet
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wsmzwGz/]
[/url]

For want of a nail, the horse was not shoed.
For want of a horse, the message was not delivered.
Because the message was not delivered, the war was lost.
Etch

Postby Jisgone » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:16 pm

She wouldnt have had 7 kilos of food and water in her system, it just takes time for people to notice!

You have to remember that 7 kilos came off all over so it may only be a few cm's from each limb, it can be hard to notice your clothes being a few cm looser

People will notice soon, but I think they like to be sure youve lost weight before saying anything to save embarrasment :)
Jisgone

Postby Juzzy » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:34 am

Yeah, im with what Jewles said... people will notice soon enough or dont say anything as they dont want to embarrass themselves. Ive lost 15 kilos and people are just starting to notice. Ive still got a long way to go though...
SW: 127.8
CW: 106.8

GW : 80 (will reassess once i get there)

21 kilos lost!
Juzzy

Postby ramatang » Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:28 am

I have only lost 7.2kg and when ever someone tells me they can notice Ive lost I feel like they are not serious and they are just trying to make me feel better... I know thats negative thinking but I just cant believe them until I cn see it in myself... Is that wrong ??
Height - 160cm
Starting Weight - 114KG
Goal Weight - 70KG
ramatang

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:55 am

SarahM, it usually takes a 10% loss in weight for people to start noticing. You'll probably find in the next couple of weeks everyone starts to notice. It also depends on where you lose weight from first. With most people it's the face. If you're like me and have a round face it takes people longer to notice because the changes aren't so obvious there. Another possibility is that you have incredibly polite friends. They may think it's inappropriate to comment on someone's weight. After all, to mention that someone looks like they've lost weight has an implied secondary message that they were fat to begin with! So I wouldn't worry. Either they will start noticing and commenting soon, or they've already noticed and they're too polite to say anything.

As to your clothes still fitting, are they stretchy? If so then there is a lot of leeway in weight before you need to change sizes. Another possibility is that they're slightly looser but you haven't noticed because they're not completely baggy yet. Hang in there. I'm sure you'll start seeing results soon. At least you're seeing a pay-off on the scales so you know you're achieving something!

Ramatang, I think we're always our own worst critic. I'm sure people are being honest when they comment on your weight loss. It's more likely that you're being dishonest with yourself and refusing to notice any changes. When you look in the mirror do you focus on your perceived flaws or do you honestly appraise yourself as a whole? You could always do what others on the forum have done in the past: keep a photo diary. Choose an outfit that doesn't hide your figure and take a photo of yourself each week. Over time you'll definitely see the difference.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby ramatang » Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:57 pm

Thanks Ali... I might do the photo diary.. I will take my first photo tonight...
Height - 160cm
Starting Weight - 114KG
Goal Weight - 70KG
ramatang

Postby Jisgone » Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:52 pm

I lose weight from my face last :( stupid polish grandparents haha, my boyfriend says my head is as round as a bowling ball!
Jisgone

Postby Shalimar » Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:08 pm

I hope he says that in a nice way Jewles :P .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby riotgirl » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:03 pm

I've lost about 8kg since 2008 but no one seems to notice I've lost weight.
Not that I'm asking for them to notice or anything...
I also naturally have quite a round face, so I guess that could be a reason?
Or maybe because I've lost the weight so gradually that it's not even noticeable?
Regardless, I have a friend in the office who has lost over 20kg in 4-5 months so compared to her, my weight-loss is nothing!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wmILpmD/]
[/url]
riotgirl

Return to Ask the Mob