It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:28 pm

Free Newsletter

Bottom Heavy

Got questions about weight loss? Ask the mob, they're sure to have the answers!

Moderator: Moderators

Bottom Heavy

Postby Lady G » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:36 pm

Hiya Peoples,

I have the very womanly shape of a pear lol. I have lost a heap of weight off my face and shoulders, I can't believe I have no double chin anymore!!! but I can't seem to shift anything from the hips down. I'm really not sure what is best. As much as I should to run (though I loathe it) I have little to no energy and really unsure how to increase it.

I'm considering joining a gym but don't get home in time for any 'classes' apart from Body Balance (which I will enjoy but don't think it helps censored weight as much) so is just the normal bike/treadmill going to help?

Also, how do people motivate themselves to go to the gym? By the time I get home in the evening I am absolutely knackered. Going before work isn't an option as I leave on the train at 7:30 and I tried exercising before that and I was just a tired mess at work.

I am feeling so lost and annoyed at myself for lack of willpower at the moment :(
Lady G @>-----
Lady G

Re: Bottom Heavy

Postby Lady G » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:38 pm

Woops I must have left a letter out of s h i f t :shock:
Lady G @>-----
Lady G

Re: Bottom Heavy

Postby kristal » Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:45 pm

Can you perhaps just try walking around your local neighbourhood instead of the gym? That way, you aren't travelling to get to a gym BEFORE working out, you don't have to leave as early in the morning or get home as late at work and perhaps wont' be as tired?

I know how hard it is to get motivated to go to the gym. I have a membership and have only been once in 3 months!

I was always the same as you, train at 7.15am and get home on the train at 7pm - I was just way too tired to get myself there, shower and change there and go straight to the station. At least with waking up in the morning for a walk, chuck on your clothes, walk for 30 minutes to 45 minutes and you get to come home and have your own shower before heading off to work?

Just the most obvious idea if the gym isn't working. Otherwise I am finding that every kg I lose, the more motivated I get. People's comments on how I look, gets me motivated to keep going and it also helps to have a very supportive and active partner.
SW - 71 kg
CW - 65 kg
GW - 58 kg
Weight Loss so Far = 6kgs
Weight to go = 7kgs
kristal

Return to Ask the Mob