It is currently Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:24 am

Free Newsletter

Looking for reassurance/confirmation - Am I doing it right?!

Got questions about weight loss? Ask the mob, they're sure to have the answers!

Moderator: Moderators

Looking for reassurance/confirmation - Am I doing it right?!

Postby coco007 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:26 pm

I'm basically just looking for some reassurance/confirmation that I am doing the right thing - mainly for the long term.
So here goes:
I am a 25 year old female. Not pregnant, not breastfeeding.
166cm tall, office worker.
On January 19th this year I weighed in at 75.5kgs.
I now weigh 63.4kgs.
I have lost 12.1kgs in 13 weeks. Something I am very proud of and feel that I have done it the healthy/safe way.
I guess I am just looking for some confirmation that I have done it right - if there is anything that I can change - as I am petrified of not being able to maintain this.
I have done this all with the help of CalorieKing - I rely on it 110% and would not have been able to do this, without this site!
My daily eating plan basically consists of the following:
Breakfast: 1 Hi-Bran Weetbix, 1 regular Weetbix and Soy Milk.
Morning Snack: Yoplait Forme Yoghurt
Lunch: Burgen Wholemeal & Seeds Bread (2 slices), 1 egg, lettuce, tomato & cucumber
Salad: Baby Spinach, Tomato, Cucumber, Asparagus, Champignons & a tin of flavoured tuna (John West Tuna Tempters or something of the like)
Piece of fruit.
Afternoon Snack: Another piece of fruit & a carrot.
Late Afternoon: Protein Snack Bar
Dinner: Protein (Beef, Chicken, Kangaroo, Fish etc) & Veggies.
Dessert (sometimes): Aeroplane Lite Jelly or a Jarrah Sachet of hot chocolate or the like.
My exercise regime consists of 1 hour of brisk walking every day.
This has worked for me - brilliantly - I just want to make sure that I am doing everything ok and that this will allow me to maintain this in the future.
Am I eating enough carbs?
Any advice would be great.
Thank you.

Re: Looking for reassurance/confirmation - Am I doing it right?!

Postby alisvolatpropriis » Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:20 pm

Congrats on losing weight the healthy way! :D

Sorry I am a newbie so not sure about whether your carb intake is enough!
SW: 70kg
CW: 69.9kg
Goal 1: 65kg
Goal 2: 60kg
Ultimate Goal: 55kg

Postby friendly09 » Mon May 04, 2009 1:32 pm

Hey congrats on the brilliant weight loss. You must be very proud.
I think from what you have said you have done everything right. It all seems healthy and your not skipping any meals and the food you are having seems fine.
Are you taking multiviamins every day?

Can I ask only for my own personal weight loss, I am trying to lose only 5kgs and it is such a struggle. I am not over weight as such, but my clothes are definately getting tighter and I am almost having to buy a new set of clothes as I dont fit mine anymore. I having been trying to lose these few kilos for about a year now and cant seem to do it.
I was thinking of following your eating plan and walking as maybe that might help me. Do you walk for an hour every day of the week, or do you have a break some days. Also, how much water do you drink? I am also a big fan of wine and that is my biggest problem I think. Do you think I would have to cut out alcohol altogether?

Sorry for all the questions, but is always great to find someone who is actually losing the weight and getting tips and ideas from them.

Postby coco007 » Thu May 14, 2009 12:41 pm

Hi, sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you!

Yes I walk everyday of the week - I could probably have a day off here or there, but at the moment, that is what is working for me!

Wine - yes unfortunately it is probably that that is holding you back. I have REALLY cut back on alcohol - pretty much to nothing now, but when I do drink I have vodka, lime and soda. Apparently white spirits are better!

They say that your diet is 70% of the problem though - so even if you are doing more exercise - if you are still eating the same you will probably not lose much weight. You need to watch what goes in your mouth and then make sure you do enough to work it off.

I hope that helps!

Return to Ask the Mob