It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:40 pm

Free Newsletter

HELP! Problems With Metabolism?? censored Diet

Got questions about weight loss? Ask the mob, they're sure to have the answers!

Moderator: Moderators

HELP! Problems With Metabolism?? censored Diet

Postby saff1010 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:48 am

Hi
This is my first time here.
My husband and I started the censored diet about 6 weeks ago (high protein, low carb, eat 6 small meals a day). Hubby has lost about 5 kg and I have only lost about 2!!
My friend and her husband lost about 10kg each on it, thats why we gave it a go. My husband is happy with his loss as he only needs to lose about 8kg and is nearly at his target. Me on the other hand, after 2 kids need to lose another 8kg.
Before I commenced this diet, my eating pattern was terrible and has been my whole life. I have never eaten breakfast and would eat about 1 -2 meals a day, so I guess my metabolism was in pretty bad shape. Now I eat 6 times a day but I am finding that the weight still does not shift. Does anyone out there have any answers as to why this system is not working for me. I follow it to the letter and go to gym 2 -3 times a week. Could it be a problem with my metabolism? and if so how do I fix it? I would appreciate ANY feedback. Thanks
saff1010

Re: HELP! Problems With Metabolism?? censored Diet

Postby Jisgone » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:25 am

the only way to get your metabolism moving again is to eat good healthy foods often, dont skip meals! it takes time for your body to adjust so dont expect it to happen overnight :)
Jisgone

Postby saff1010 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:30 am

Hi
Thanks for your reply.
Currently I dont skip any meals.I am eating 6 small high protein meals a day as the systems recommends but my weight still doesnt move much. I never used to have a problem losing weight before I had kids.It was really easy for me, but since my second child (2 and a half years ago) it has been so difficult and im not sure why. Do you think there could be a medical reason for this?
saff1010

Postby Amethyst » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:48 pm

I don't know much about having children (I'm only 20) but from photos My mother had problems slimming down after having me and my brother. My unprofessional theory could be that your body is still storing fat incase there's another one happens?
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wx5Tquf/]
[/url]
Amethyst

Postby saff1010 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:08 pm

Thanks for the reply. I am thinking maybe something like post baby hormones or something like that. I never had any trouble losing weight prior to kids and was at 52kg pre babies, now i'm 60kg. I need to shift that 8kg and it's just not moving no matter what I do. censored has been a huge success for everone else I know who has tried it, and I just dont understand why it's not working for me.
saff1010

Return to Ask the Mob