It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:12 am

Free Newsletter

Using the Gabriel Method to lose 5kgs?

Got questions about weight loss? Ask the mob, they're sure to have the answers!

Moderator: Moderators

Using the Gabriel Method to lose 5kgs?

Postby friendly09 » Sun May 03, 2009 3:49 pm

Hello, I am a new user and have been reading everyones posts. It is all very interesting.

I have been using the Gabriel Method for a couple of weeks now. The CD is amazing and although I dont listen to it every night, I definately have a great sleep on the nights I use it. I take all the supplements, digestive enzymes, probiotics, omega 3 and multivitamin.

I currently weigh about 55kgs. I am very short person, just over 5 ft, so 55kgs is a bit too much weight for me. I need to lose about 5-7kgs to be at a normal range for my height. The Gabriel Method as yet is not making alot of difference, but is definately giving me better sleeps and I feel more confident in myself. Not so stressed out.

I am finding trying to lose this small amount of weight such a struggle. I normally eat very well, having salads for lunch and dinner and normally cereal for breakfast. I dont have a sweet tooth, but my favourite food is toast. Also, my worst thing is alcohol. I think this might be why I am staying at this weight and cant lose anymore. I normally have about 2 glasses of wine at night with my dinner. Does anyone know if I stop this, will I be able to lose this extra weight? I am thinking I also need to drink more water, will this also help me? I dont think I can do much else to change things.

Any suggestions would be great to help also any tips for the gabriel method?
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wZwAKBt/]
[/url]
friendly09

Re: Using the Gabriel Method to lose 5kgs?

Postby BBgal » Sun May 03, 2009 7:01 pm

Hi, I am 155cm tall ( 5ft 1inch) if your around this height then your healthy BMI range is 46kg - 60kg ( if your taller it will be even higher), So you are a healthy weight for your size. Depending on your age, your body may just be saying "this weight is where we want to be" and that may be the reason your not losing any weight , it also could be that your body is at a peak level of fitness ( very trim and muscular ) and that is where the extra " weight" is coming from.... muscle mass,Go by measurements if possible . I really don't think you have anything to worry about being the size you are, but if you are really determined to trim down more, then cutting out alcohol and white bread wont do you any harm ( other than take a little enjoyment out of your week) in fact it could be quite beneficial for your health in the long run. You may have to take a few steps back and really look at why you want to lose the 5-7kgs, and ask yourself that if your in the range doctors say is healthy to be in ... then is it worth giving up the few enjoyments you get a week to fit into a size 6-8.
Hope this helps :)
and good luck in what ever you choose :wink:
SW: 99.9kg ( how close was that to triple digits) 4/11/08
CW: 72.2kg 20/06/09)
GW: 60kg ( Will re-evaluate then to see if I want lower)
BBgal

Postby Robin » Thu May 14, 2009 5:08 am

I agree with BBgal - you ARE within the healthy range - so you should not be too concerned.

Assuming you are 1 metre and 53 centimetres (5 feet) tall - and you weigh 55 kilos - your BMI is 23.49.

Normal BMI range is between 18.5 and 24.9. However, BMI does not take into account your ethnicity, age, build (large or small boned), or your muscle mass.

If you cut back a bit on your bread - and alcohol (which supplies a lot of "empty" non-nutritious calories) you will probably just drop the weight without much effort. You know too that regular alcohol is not a good thing for your health, so try substituting other lower or non-alcohol drinks e.g. lemon, lime and bitters - or soda/mineral water with a twist of lime or lemon. They look and taste good - and are not as high in sugar like juices.

Do not substitute "diet" drinks, as research has shown that people who drink diet drinks actually gain weight long-term (because the sweetness upsets the insulin balance - thereby increasing the appetite). There is also concern that artificial sweetners - especially aspartame - can actually cause serious illnesses such as cancer and MS.

The Gabriel Method encourages a healthy lifestyle where unhealthy foods and negative attitudes are replaced by healthy foods and positive attitudes. Although nothing is "forbidden", processed foods and drinks are not included in Jon's recommended/suggested foods.
Robin

Postby FatBottomedGirl » Thu May 14, 2009 1:06 pm

I'm giving the Gabriel Method a serious look. I'd like to hear about your progress as your continue. Keep us posted!!

And good luck, sounds like you're on the right track.
FatBottomedGirl

Return to Ask the Mob