It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:08 am

Free Newsletter

Is there better times to excersize to lose weight?

Got questions about weight loss? Ask the mob, they're sure to have the answers!

Moderator: Moderators

Is there better times to excersize to lose weight?

Postby Troyza » Mon May 25, 2009 2:09 am

I have just joined an Anytime fitness gym thats open 24/7 and I was wanting to know if there is a better time to workout? I know any excersize is good excersize, but i work from 7:30 until 6:30 4 days a week, til 9:30 on wednesdays and til 1pm on saturdays. Also while being dad to a 21 month old! No excuses i know but is morning going to be better than say 9:30 at night? Or should i vary it up?
Troyza

Re: Is there better times to excersize to lose weight?

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon May 25, 2009 10:00 am

Some say that morning exercise is better because it kick starts your metabolism, it wakes you up and it gives you more energy throughout the day. My opinion is that it's more important to stick to exercise in the long term, so it's best to find a time that suits you that won't make you quit after a week! If you're a morning person, or it suits your schedule better, then by all means go really early in the morning. If you hate getting up as it is then you might find evenings better. Given that you're a parent to a young child you'd probably also want to choose a time that doesn't take away family time.

Good luck! I hope you enjoy your new gym membership. :D
EvilWombatQueen

Postby longy » Mon May 25, 2009 10:00 am

I think the best time to exercise is when you feel best exercising- if you're not a morning person, then scheduling exercise at say, 6.30am isn't going to help much at all because you won't be motivated. When you've got your roster for the week, perhaps you could sit down and plan out an exercise schedule? I work funny hours too, and have found that if I've scheduled it in, I make sure I go. Before I started doing that, I'd put off the exercise until it was too late to do anything (I go to bed pretty early :D ). Well done on joining the gym!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wMpdEJU/]
[/url]
longy

Postby Jisgone » Mon May 25, 2009 2:13 pm

I agree with everyone else, i wouldnt recommend exercising half an hour before bed but other than that i think its calories in versus calories out and you have to do what works for you :)
Jisgone

Return to Ask the Mob