It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:26 am

Free Newsletter

DUROMINE?

Got questions about weight loss? Ask the mob, they're sure to have the answers!

Moderator: Moderators

DUROMINE?

Postby jkn » Wed May 27, 2009 5:33 pm

Hey guys.
Started on durmoine today - Only side effect ( atleast i think it is ) is that i am overly tiered. Is this normal?
Iv been reading forums on the net, & most people get big energy boost and find it hard to go to bed. i can tell u now i wont be having any trouble sleeping tonight.

Also would love to talk to someone who has been on durmoine them selfs.

thanks
Jade
jkn

Re: DUROMINE?

Postby tegz » Fri May 29, 2009 10:42 pm

hi

im not on duromine at this present moment
but have it sitting there, WAITING :shock: (unsure weather to start it yet ?)
i need some advice
i was wondering
how long does DUROMINE take for it to start working ?
how long till you start to see the weight lost diffrents?
and as for the symtoms
is there any other that you have experenced that your doctor
didnt warn you about ..

thankyou
tegz

Postby JulieAnne » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:24 pm

I'm new to the forum tonight, and I joined because I was doing on line research about Duromine because my doctor prescribed it to me today. So I'm taking the plunge and starting it tomorrow morning, about 5am. Would love to hear some more feedback if anyone there has any...!! (If not I'll let you folks know how I go!!)
Cheers, JulieAnne
Its my time to shine in two thousand and nine!

SW: 77.5kgs
CW: 77.5kgs
JulieAnne

Postby newstarter87 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:33 pm

Started Duromine 6:00 am this morning and think I am experiencing effects already…
Not sure if it’s because I did so much reading of forums etc before starting that I am thinking too much and making myself believe the side effects but I feel quite light headed and can’t concentrate at work.
Also, Jade, I feel SO tired too, can’t wait to go home and jump into bed!
Anyone experience this on the first day?
Would be great to know I am not imagining it!
newstarter87

Postby jaybeewa » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:47 am

I can share my experiences with this.
I have tried both duromine and reductil, both with success, the most being with duromine. In saying that I also had the most side affects with duromine. Initially dry mouth, energy levels high and headache, sleeplessness ,MOODY, and a complete disinterest in food.
I lost about 20 kg on this. After 6 months on the same dose my body became used to it. My weight plateued and the last 5 kg not budging.
Reductil on the other i had no side affects, defnitley supressed my appetite without feeling like i was on speed.(but not as quick)
I think it all depends how sensitive each individual is to medication. I kept the weight off after i ceased taking duromine. I stayed the same weight for 3 years without it. Over the last year have had a baby and am still 8 kg overweight. This is not enough for a doc to prescribe me any form of weightloss medication.
Overall duromine was extreme but did do the job. I can not stress enough though how crap it was to be physically exhausted but my head still going, and not switching off. This was only for the first 3 weeks. For others it may have different, (worse possibly) side affects. But yes it worked.
CW-67.8kg (18/07/09)
GW-60.0kg (asap)
jaybeewa

Postby ByeByeCurves » Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:28 am

At first I was feeling really sleepy with my Duromine (I'm on day 5), but for me I worked out if I start doing something thats when the energy kicks in! Water stopped the dry mouth and headaches I got the first day (thanks to a post on here) I still have to motivate myself to do something but it is easier knowing I wont be worn out when I finish, I can't exercise as yet ... read my intro... but I have been getting stuck into the housework and playing with my daughter and generally being more active. :) Hope that helps Good Luck!

Week One Goal: Be Under 90kg
ByeByeCurves

Return to Ask the Mob