It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:54 pm

Free Newsletter

___Overeating Everything Everytime___

Got questions about weight loss? Ask the mob, they're sure to have the answers!

Moderator: Moderators

___Overeating Everything Everytime___

Postby ishtiaque.tg » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:24 pm

Guys n Gals,

I cant seem to stop eating. I have a good breakfast....and then within 15 mins, i am hungry again....and it happens everytime i eat ............

I seem to be always hungry..... altho i dnt think i am..... or i shd be......

This is crazy, i open the fridge 100 times every hour. Altho i know there is nothing "good" in there to eat.....

Wat shd i do? How do you control? My motivation seems to falter every now and then...

Well...i just needed to say this....thx for listening and i welcome all criticism and ideas...

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w2zQjUY/]
[/url]

Starting Weight : 105.00 kg
Final Goal Weight : 70.00 kg
Current Weight : 89.00 kg
ishtiaque.tg

Re: ___Overeating Everything Everytime___

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:04 pm

I'm hearing your pain!
Allegedly combining fiber and protein can help (keeps you full longer) so something like carrot sticks and hommous or fruit and yoghurt.

Could also be because your stomach is still reducing itself to cope if you've dramatically reduced your intake suddenly?
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby MickeyB » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:13 pm

Are you eating because you're truly hungry, or because you're bored and used to filling in time with food?

You need to look at why the urge to overeat is there. Are you sad, happy, or bored? I am a boredom eater and constantly think I am hungry about an hour or so after eating, I would go and troll the cupboards and fridge constantly and end up walking away frustrated with myself because I didn't 'want' to eat and spoil everything so I'd walk away feeling dissatisfied, or I'd pick at something and walk away feeling disappointed in myself.

Eat a bigger meal as in more Low GI carbs, heavier in the protiens and fillers. Once you've finished then eating move away from the food area of your house compeltely. Also give yourself a time 2 hours after your main meal that you can have a snack. Plan what that snack is going to be, make it sound appealing, doesn't have to be naughty, but maybe do something up like a berry, yoghurt & museli parfait, or have a cup of low fat, low GI hot choc (milo) with some crackers and cheese, or fruit! If you find yourself looking at the clock constantly then remind yourself that you can eat at ....whatever time.... and that it'll taste all the better for waiting. Do the same after each meal. After about 2 weeks of doing this, by the time your snack time comes around you will eventually find that you're not really hungry after all, and will end up with a smaller snack to tide you over till lunch.

The other trick is to find alternative things to do to keep you busy in the meantime. Set yourself up a task that will have you busy for a while (The choices are endless!) get on the phone and talk to somebody, jump on the net and play some games (scrabble/bejewled are highly addictive), if you have Wii Fit get on there and muck about, or even if you just have a Wii play somebowling etc, do some gardening, get out and go for a walk, do some washing or tidy up. The list goes on and on. Make your time more constructive and you won't have the time for eating anymore.

It really does work!! It's just mind over matter.
Mic
Waiting for baby #4 to arrive then getting stuck into losing the 25kg that needs to come off!
MickeyB

Postby wannabeslim » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:21 pm

also make sure your drinking enough water, if your body is dehydrated it will send hunger pains. fantastic, i know! *hint of sarcasm much?*
also think from day to day. when i eat well one day the second day is not NEARLY as hard! really. it just takes one day to build confidence and a couple of days to form a habit. further from there it takes a while to retain good habits, so when you are tempted go back to thinking day by day.
hope this helps! good luck
2010 goal: get to 56-8kg and keep fit & healthy!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w02nLYq/]
[/url]
wannabeslim

Postby onthedecrease » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:27 pm

are you eating enough at breakfast and any other meal/snack, if you've just eaten a decent/healthy meal theres no way you should be still hungry. Also why is there nothing good in your fridge for you to eat??? Part of weight loss is being organised and planning ahead, for a quick pick me up always have veg soup of sugar free jelly on hand, try to include a protein serve in all meals and plan plan plan.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvgjwLj/]
[/url]
onthedecrease

Postby ishtiaque.tg » Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:26 am

Hey, thx a lot all of you pplz. I really appreciate it and i am obviously gonna use ur words as inspirations and guidelines.

Thanx again for the great tips!!!!

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w2zQjUY/]
[/url]

Starting Weight : 105.00 kg
Final Goal Weight : 70.00 kg
Current Weight : 89.00 kg
ishtiaque.tg

Return to Ask the Mob